Chapter 13 - An Unexpected Guest

Comenzar desde el principio

"Got any plans tonight?" Caleb asks out of the blue.

"Nothing really. I think I'm just gunna take a nap and binge on some cracks Brooklyn recommended me to watch."

"Nice, may I join?" he wiggles his eyebrows.

"Go join Brooklyn later on when she's done." I roll my eyes, "I'm sure she will be happy with your presence." 

He faces away after my comment, but I can still hint the smile he's hiding. I know exactly what's happening here.

Once we reach the front door, I wave Caleb a quick goodbye and walk to the parking where my car was.

I take the keys out from my bag and switch on the engine, rolling down the windows as the heat starts to settle down better.

After a few minutes I reach back to the street where my home was. The sun was yet to set sooner or later I stop the engine and get out. 

But what puzzled me though was the fact that no children were out playing outside or any neighbors walking their dogs like they do every Thursday evening. It bothered me a little but I shook it off. They must be out or something, no biggie.

Surprisingly, the front door was open which never happened and there were stains of some liquid on the carpets porch. It had a strong, stinging smell that filled me nose causing me to cringe. Is this Beer I smell? Was this some prank the neighbors were playing? Last time I checked the calendar it wasn't April Fools yet.

I open the door cautiously, afraid of my own house. What if there's a serial killer waiting for me inside? 

Naa I doubt, stop imagining Pearl. You're not in a movie.

The house smelled normal, but it was still a little off. It smelt like coffee and more beer. I don't even drink. Since when do I even bring any beer inside? 

Placing my bag on the counter, I look around the living room finding the pillows in a mess, scattered all over the floor. As well the sofa a little disheveled... someone totally did break in. But who? No one else has the house keys but Brooklyn. And she was with me the whole school day...

Suddenly, there was a thud that shook me out of my thoughts. The noise came from my room, immediately I grab the bat I found when I first moved in here, which I hit in the closet incase it ever came into good use.

I grip the handle securely ready at any moment to attack the person inside my room. Please don't steal my laptop...

I open the door and let out a scream before swinging the bat, back and forth praying that the person wont kill me. I'm too young to die now.

"Pearlll! Whaattt a suprissseee!" a manly voice, makes my stop as I open my eyes to only find out that I was closing them the whole time. 

"Dad?!" I gasp in shock, still holding the bat. "Y-your not supposed to be here! Why aren't you at work?!"

"Noooww nooww Pearrll. No need to asssk questions." he slurred, letting out a loose laugh, making me shiver. I think he's drunk.

I shake my head still surprised my dad is in my room right now. This isn't right. He didn't even call me saying that he's coming and then just decides to break inside without a warning.

"So how is my favorite giirrll doing?" my dad gives a smile whole opening his arms for a hug, making me cringe. 

"You mean your only child that you never noticed." I roll my eyes, rejecting his hug.

As soon as I say that I can see the anger flashing through his eyes. He drops his hands down and walks towards me, making me walk back.

"You don't disrespect me like that Pearl!" he shouts scaring the daylights out of me. 

I stumbled back, holding the bat, threatening him that I'll swing.

"You don't scare me little girl." he laughs, "I did many things for you and you were never grateful for it." 

My heart beats faster as he continues to walk towards me but thankfully stops until he is close enough to hear my breathing rapidly increasing. He knows I'm not capable of doing anything to him. He's like a foot taller than me.

"I-I, I was always grateful!" I shout back, immediately regretting what I said, "Your just a stupid drunk and useless man who just happens to have a daughter to take care of but never bothered! I left because of you! And no one was there to stop it, and now you're here blaming me for no reason!"

He lets out a growl as I felt a sharp sting on my left cheek. He just slapped me. I lift my arm, caressing the sting as tears threaten to drop. 

No not now!

"SHUT THE FUCK UP NOW!" he yells. Making me drop the bat and stumble. My heart is beating so fast, it hurts. I don't think I've ever been scared than just now.

"Then what do you want." I whisper, my back facing him as I try to hide my face from him.

"I don't want anything, I just came here to tell you that I'm not paying for your worthless school fee's and this house." he growls back, sending laser glares at me. WHAT!

"You- you cant do that! You said to me-" 

"ENOUGH! I do what I want young lady! And this is what I want. Now like I said I'm not paying for anything, so I don't care if you go make your own pathetic money, or lose everything and live like a beggar. Nothing about you Pearl matters to me, ever since you're mom left me." 

Before stomping out the room, he gives me a punch on the side of my stomach, making me yell in pain and drop to my knees on the floor. The tears finally start streaming down, as I start to cry, clutching onto the pain. This hasn't happened in a long time...

I hear the door slam shut, along with glass shattering on the floor outside my room. I just noticed that my 'so-called-dad' made a mess in my room, and now the curtains are torn, my drawers are all open with clothes of mine all over the place. 

I never thought this will happen again. Knowing that the only reason I left was because he made a tantrum like this every week back when I was weak.

Now that I think about it, I think I still am... weak.

-------

Damn that was stressful to write. It hurts me that Pearl is in pain. 

Have a great day/night!

~TeenDreamingUniCats