Humble Days.

Chapter 23 ♡

"Don't rush into things baby. Live your life."

Today, Jawan and I were going to Momma Nae’s house to visit. We got to her house and Jawan opened the door with his key. We walked in and Momma Nae was in the kitchen and Jawan’s little brother and sisters were on the couch. Janaria was the first one to run to us and Jawan picked her up.

“Hey Janaria.” he kissed her cheek and she hugged him. “Hi Sammi!” she reached out for me to hold her and I held her as she hugged me. “Hi Janaria!” I kissed her forehead and walked to the couch. I sat down and hugged all of Jawan’s other siblings.

I started braiding Janaria’s hair and Jawan’s other little sisters wanted to braid my hair, so I took my hair out of its bun and let them braid it. Jawan was sitting with Jamarion watching TV and I heard the basketball game starting.

“Baby, is the game starting now?” He looked at me. “Yeah.” I smiled and looked at the girls. “Okay guys, get up for a sec.” They let go of my hair and I let go of Janaria’s. We sat down in a line braiding each other’s hair as we watched the game.

I finished braiding Janaria’s hair and I hugged her. “All done.” I smiled and she turned around. “Thank you Sam!” she hugged me and sat next to Jawan watching the game.

“Girls you done yet?” They looked at me. “Almost done!” they finished braiding the ends and tied them. “Done!” they say at the same time. I felt my hair and it was in two long braids. “Thanks guys.” I hugged them and laid in Jawan’s lap to watch the game.

“Baby, how’s the game going?” I looked up at him and he smiled. "It's fine, sweetheart." We finished watching the game and we decided to sleep over. Jawan slept in his basketball shorts without a shirt, and I wore a pair of his boxers and one of his sweatshirts. We went to bed and it started pouring raining. We were watching TV in Jawan’s old room until we fell asleep.

We woke up in the middle of the night with loud thunder, and a soft knocking on the bedroom door. “Baby...get the door.” Jawan mumbled, opening his eyes slowly. I groaned and got up to hear Janaria’s high pitched voice.

“Sam, I’m scared of the thunder.” I sighed and let her in. I held her hand and rubbed my eyes. “You wanna sleep with us tonight JJ?” I asked, walking to our bed.

“Yes...” She pouted and laid in between Jawan and I with her blanket and her teddy bear. “Jawan I’m scared.” she held his arm and snuggled into it. “Just try to go to sleep boo boo.” He kissed her forehead cuddled her and kissing her cheek to comfort her. 

The next morning...

I woke up today with Janaria next to me. Jawan wasn’t there, and I smelled breakfast. I got out of bed and brushed my teeth in the bathroom. I walked out and Janaria woke up. She reached her arms out for me to carry her so I picked her up and walked downstairs.

“Good morning.” I said putting Janaria in a chair at the table. “Good morning Sam.” “Good morning.” Jawan kissed me. I sat in the chair next to him and waited for breakfast.

Jawan was holding my hand the entired time we waited for breakfast and while were we eating it. Something is up. As we were eating, Jawan looked like he was thinking about something. I brushed it off, and after we ate, Jawan took me upstairs. He held my hands, and looked into my eyes. “Babe, I really want us to have a baby.” he looked at me sincerely.

“I do too, but just not right now. Like I said before, it’s a commitment I'm not ready for yet and we can’t afford a baby.” he sighed and went downstairs. I sighed heavily and laid in Jawan’s bed.

I thought about it. Do I want a baby now? It’s a big commitment and I don’t think Jawan understands that. I want kids with Jawan, but not right now, we have to wait. We just got married a couple of months ago.

I went downstairs and sat down on the couch with Janaria and Jawan. Janaria sat in my lap and was playing with my hair. A few minutes later, Momma Nae called over Jawan.

Jawan’s POV

I was sitting with Sam and my mom called me over. She was sitting down on the table talking to me. “Jawan, how’ve you and Sam been?” I smiled. “We’re okay...I’ve just been wanting Sam to have a baby.” I looked down.

“Does she want to have a baby?” Momma said looking shocked. “She wants one, just not right now... but I want her to. I want a family with her.” My mom sighed. “Jawan honey, if she’s not ready, you can’t force her. You need to be patient. And you guys aren’t ready for a baby; it’s a big responsibility. You guys are still young, and there’s a lot of stuff you would have to give up.”

“But she’s perfect with kids, look at her.” I turned around and saw her playing around with Janaria. “I know Jawan, but you have to think, is this better for both of us, or just myself?” I sighed and looked back at Sam.

I walked back over with Sam and sat next to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind and she looked up at me. “Yes babe?” she asked, looking back at me, and smiling softly.

“Just wanted to say I love you and if you don’t want a baby now I can wait..” I whispered in her ear, kissing her ear. “Really?” She smiled. “Yes baby, I feel like I’ve been pressuring you, I’m sorry.” I looked into her eyes, and she smiled.

She kissed me and I kissed back. Janaria pushed Sam off of me. “Sam stop he has cooties!” Sam smiled and looked at me. “Okay JJ, I’ll stop.” I giggled and she did too.

Samantha's POV

We left Momma Nae’s house and went home. We took showers and flopped on our bed. “When we have kids what are gonna name them?” he said looking at me.

I giggled and looked at him, “I don’t know, it depends on what we like, and what we have.” Jawan smiled. “Well if it’s a boy I like Jeremiah Christopher.” I looked at him, smiling. “That’s pretty... well I’ve always wanted twin girls so I like Jailee Christina and Jasmine Marie.”

Jawan held my hand and looked at me. “Those are gorgeous.” He smiled just at the thought of the names. I kissed his cheek. “We’re not having a baby yet, J.” I giggled. He sighed.

“But we will one day.” I kissed him and smiled. “I love you.” I say in an assuring tone. “I love you too.” He said. I pecked his lips. “Muah! Now babe, I’m gonna make dinner."