Chapter 38

"Primus inter pares"

"Why she doesn't want to wake up?" I heard someone's voice, and I wanted to turn in that direction but I couldn't. Like my body is captured in some different world.

I could listen but I couldn't move.

"She needs time to recover." Other voice said, and I recognized that voice.

That is Cain's voice.

Then other voice must be.

"She is sleeping for three days," Voice said.

Yes. Prince's voice.

The worst thing with situation is moments where I remembered everything. Little details no one would notice I did.

I searched my brain where I get things wrong. What lead him to that action, but I felt too guilty. If I didn't have power, he wouldn't do that. He wouldn't be dead if I had some control.

No. I'm too weak. I can't control anything. I will always be the weak one. My family isn't my family, my people aren't my people. I didn't belong anywhere.

I just have that horrible power. I can resist the prince's power. I wish I never did that. I wish I never met Amelia, I wish I never got out that day.

I meet Amelia. She was beautiful, but there was that shadow behind her. She had an older brother. He was too old. He had around 18 when I was six or seven.

I don't want that.

I tightened my eyes even more to stop that, but memories came back.

"Don't be scared the little puppy. Everything will be okay." I looked at him holding what he gave me.

A few of us could afford candy. I didn't know how he has it but he gave it. In return, I had to do just one thing.

I was supposed to go with him to one place. That place was hidden in the forest.

My house was near the river so we would have a daily walk. I didn't want to go anywhere, but I wanted that candy. I wanted to taste that rich chocolate, little pieces of hazelnuts, beautiful texture of vanilla. I wanted it, and I took it.

"I'm not scared," I answered looking at the golden package.

I wonder how I could open it. I could leave that piece to draw it later. To look and imagine that candy. That must be the richest taste of my life.

"Open it." He said smiling, and I looked at his eyes.

We were sitting next to the river. I was sitting on the rock while he sat on the grass. It was a beautiful summer day. I wished my mother allowed me go on swimming. I would be with other kids.