Chapter 31

"Presaenti ne credas fortunae"

I partly jumped on my horse from fear. I didn't know who was holding my hand, but that wasn't the Prince.

His squeeze was cold, too strong and a little more up.

This one was just above my elbow, hand holding mine and stopping my plan.

The other part was from surprise. How does he know what I'm thinking? What do I want to do? And how he knows how to stop me?

I looked at that unknown soldier. He had bright green eyes with dark hair and a little too long bear. Over right cheek, he had three scars in the direction of his hair. What happened to him? How he got those scars?

He looked scary. Like he could kill in a second. But I realised this was Prince's private army. He chose every single one from them, trained them, fought with them, grew up with them.

They all were around the same age as Prince. He chose good soldiers like him.

This one was a little too scary. I didn't know what to.

I panicky looked at his hand over mine and whispered.

"Let me go!" I almost screamed, but I had to hold myself.

"You will run." He said in a husky voice next to my ear.

"And you are dead," I said looking down at the horse.

Prince will kill him. He will kill him like he killed that guard on the training day. I wasn't sure I can hold one more murder on my soul.

I was scared weeks after that, I almost get nerve break, I rip my stitches, and destroyed my voice for a week.

I didn't want that again.

"You will be dead. And finally, we can get our prince back." He said quickly and removed his arm.

"What are you talking about? If you don't know we are going on this trip so I get analyses, not you." I looked at him unaware of everyone else.

I wanted to know what was he talking about under "get his prince back"? I didn't take him so they can have him back.

"There is so much more under that story." He said, and I looked at him.

"I don't understand."

"How you would? You are just a woman." His face was decorated with a mean smile on his lips.

"I can't believe. Gender racism?" I raised my eyebrow already pissed.

"That is not racism. I'm telling you what you need to hear. You are making a fool out of you. You don't need to act like that. You could be dead, honoured, but you stayed alive like Prince's pet. Once when he kills you, he will be free from those chains, and everyone can continue in his path."