Chapter 20 - Occam's Razor

Start from the beginning

<><>

Lying on the porch swing with Lena's body pressed below hers, Kara barely noticed as the piece of wood her hand was wrapped around groaned in complaint. Her other hand slid further up Lena's torso, under the woman's shirt, stopping at the underside of the woman's bra. Each word, muttering, murmur was uttered into the other's mouth until their lips parted, Kara tattooing kisses along Lena's neck.

Her hands underneath Kara's shirt, fingernails digging at the other woman's flesh though not scoring, Lena pushed her head back. "Oh, my God, Kara. I've wanted this for so long. I've wanted you for so long."

"Mmm-hmm. Yeah. Same." Tongue pressed against Lena's pulse point, Kara flicked quickly making the other woman squirm underneath her.

"Fucking-A!" Grabbing Kara by the back of the head, Lena pulled the other woman's head back only to kiss her again. It was long and deep, but hurried and hungry as they seemed intent on consuming each other. When they broke apart, both panting, Lena said, "Too many fucking clothes."

Eyes wide and licking her lips, Kara asked, "You want to...?"

Green eyes staring intently, Lena asked, "You don't?"

"I do," Kara replied, immediately. "Rao on high, I do. I really, really, really do. Are you sure?"

"Months ago."

They went from staring to a flurry of action. Knees and elbows jostled, hands pulled at clothing, and feet pushed and wiggled. Kara levered herself up and pulled off her shirt, as Lena sat up somewhat and tried to do the same. She was less than successful and had to stop to unbutton it. When Kara tried to help, at least one button went flying off into the night.

Watching it disappear, Kara looked back at Lena. "Oops. That was probably expensive."

"I'll buy a new shirt. I'll buy a hundred new shirts," she continued as she tugged it off, grunting when the cuff got stuck on her hand and finally spiking it to the ground with finality. "I'll buy the company that makes the shirt."

"Good call. We might go through a lot of shirts."

Leaning back on the bench, Lena raised an eyebrow. "Promise?"

Allowing her gaze to roam up and down Lena's torso, Kara leaned forward to cover the other woman with her body again. "If you keep putting shirts back on, yes."

Running her hands up and down Kara's back, Lena said, "God, your skin is so hot. Is your skin always this hot?"

Kissing along Lena's jaw, Kara replied, "Yeah, I run hot. Is this okay? Do you want me to stop?"

"Don't stop. I don't want you to stop."

"Okay, okay. I won't." As Lena's hands ran down her back, and the other woman bit down on her neck, Kara moaned. "Oh, Rao, don't stop. Don't stop." Stiffening, she grabbed Lena's hand. "We have to stop."

Blinking in confusion, Lena asked, "What? Why?"

"Eliza's coming."

"Well, good for her."

"...what? No, I mean she's coming down the stairs and calling our names."

"Oh! Oh... fuck!"

"Yeah... that," Kara grumbled as she scrambled off of Lena and grabbed her shirt from the floor. She pulled it on and began to look around while straightening her shirt.

Putting her shirt back into place with a bit of a struggle, Lena hastily pulled the tie out that barely held her ponytail in place. She combed through her hair with her fingers before putting the tie back in her hair. Looking over at Kara, she asked, "What are you doing?"