Chapter 12: JEALOUS 2

Hey guys!

My Books are getting revamped and republished one by one. I'll republish and revamp the next books after this one.

Hope you're enjoying the book!☺️

ARIELA'S POV

With shaking hands, I turned the television off and sat down on the couch. The cold breeze inside the room descend on my face after the heated moment of Xerxes's interview.

This is what happens when you fall in love and everything feels new. I pulled the service phone beside me, dialing his number. I have lots of question for him.

The phone kept ringing for already five times but still, I'm left without an answer. He's not picking up and it annoys me!

It feels like forever when he finally picked up. I'm already sweating in annoyance after waiting like an idiot.

"Hello?" Finally! He answered his damn phone but, that female voice is not what I expect.

"Hello?" The female voice asked again with softness in her voice.

"W-who's there? May I know who's on the other line?" I asked timidly. I didn't know which should I put attention to; my hammering heart or my shocked entrails.

"And who is this?" The female voice questioned back.

I didn't realize the tears running down my cheeks. As if I have the right to get jealous when I didn't even know my status with Xerxes.

"I am.... his friend." I breathe hardly while restraining myself from sobbing. I shouldn't have agreed with the contract. I didn't expect this pain in my chest right now.

"Who's calling, honey?" From the background of the call, I heard the familiar voice of the man I've been craving for.

Honey? Xerxes?

"It said---" I cut the call. I don't want to hear another sound from them. I'm extremely jealous right now!

My legs were shaking so I slowly squat myself on the maple floor, quickly wiping the dry tears from my skin.

It was just a single month of staying with him as if we're husband and wife but I fell in love, deeply. My heart that I set only for Rafael has fallen to the great Billionaire, Xerxes Kings.

He may be an interesting man but he never said that he loves me. How embarrassing of me to assume. He probably still have a grudge against Rafael.

I want to hit myself for being stupid.

I totally forgot about my real intention of having agreed in the contract. I wasn't supposed to fall. The only thing I should have done is to make a baby for him so Rafael can be set free.

I shouldn't have fell hard to him. I'm so selfish. If I put Rafael in my mind during those days with Xerxes, this pain shouldn't have existed!

That 'honey' word. Isn't that a loving endearment? Xerxes is just calling someone 'honey' while he's calling me 'kitten'. I want it to be just me.

I may be an attorney but I don't have the power to defy a Billionaire. He doesn't want to have babies through a test-tube. He told me about it last time that he want to have babies naturally. It can't be helped.

My weakness is finally revealed. The weakness for love.

SHORT CHAPTER BUT WORTH WRITING😁☺️