Chapter 22: Newspaper

ARIELA'S POV

"Okay, wait for me. I'll be there." Ending the call, I quickly put placed it in my shoulder bag. Rafael called saying he wanted to talk to me.

Xerxes has no choice but to let me do what I want, he just worries too much and it's sickening. After further arguments, he let me go but only with bodyguards tailing me.

Those buff bodyguards sure know what they are doing. Quickly parking the car nearby Diane's house, I thanked them and get off the vehicle.

The soles of my feet started shaking after they hit the ground all of a sudden. What does Rafael need to talk about? I suddenly got nervous going inside the house.

I didn't even knock on the door when Rafael opened it, staring at me with bright broadened eyes as if he can't believe me about something. His brown eyes are glittering with accusation and disbelief.

"You need to explain to us something..." He groaned, opening the wooden door widely for me to enter. I knew that something is coming off. I think they found out about it but how?

"W-What is it?" I can't miss hearing my voice shaking nervously. His face is still hard, bewildering with anxiety.

"THIS. Will you explain this?" Nena came out from the kitchen, showing a bunch of newspapers in her hand and putting them on top of the coffee table in front of me.

My grip on the lace of my shoulder bag tightened. I can feel the heat on my face and my eyes widening in surprise, staring down at the cover page of the public newspaper.

It's Xerxes and me, kissing in front of his Kings' company. That was a week ago. Those paparazzi should have minded their own business.

"The stubborn Billionaire has finally moved on? A photo of Atty. Ariela Montemayor and Mr. Xerxes Kings, kissing. Everyone knows that she is a relative of the murderer of the Kings' family more than two years ago. Guess what? Xerxes called her 'babe'!"

Those damn paparazzi.

Diane walked down the staircase, looking at me with soft eyes. I gently looked away from their eyes, ignoring the newspapers. It can't be helped.

"Don't tell me he's the Father of your...?" Rafael trailed off, gesturing at my belly.

I didn't reply.

"Does that silence means yes?" Nena sighed and slumped herself on the sofa.

"Will you... explain it to us?" Aunt Diane crossed her arms across her chest.

"NBN ow is not the time for it. I'm sorry..." I don't know how to escape that hot seat but I have no choice now but to go. I'm a coward.

I forced my feet to run outside the house. I can hear them calling my name but I never looked back.

It's just sudden. I'm so sorry. My shame overpowered me. I'm so sorry everyone.

***

After jogging down the stairs, I caught a glimpse of Xerxes in the living room, reading a newspaper and sipping his coffee. His masculine face bears no reaction when his eyes landed on me.

"Good morning." His lips stretched to a gentle smile.

"G-Good morning..." I stutter. How could he look so damn hot just by looking at me like that? My belly started crumbling again, making me run outside to vomit. "Urgh, morning sickness..."

"You okay?" I heard him ask behind me as I wipe my mouth. I nod in response and walk back inside.

"Honey is not here anymore, she flew back home. " he started, smiling devilishly. I raised an eyebrow at him.