Chapter 28

" What if they just lay ambush and kill me before we reach your house ? "

" Nothing like that is going to happen Lee." Damon assured almost laughing at my silly assumption.

We were currently in Damon's territory after crossing the border into his pack. Sam and Jonathan were here with me while Vulcan had left with his mate back to their kingdom.

A car arrived and we got in, to say I was nervous would be an understatement and I don't know why I was worried, I mean if they don't like me, what's the big deal?

For your future pack to like you duh.

" Everything's going to be fine Lee, " Damon assured. He let go of one hand on the steering and placed it on top of mine and started rubbing it lightly. " stop worrying." he encouraged looking at me with a small smile

The tiny gesture seemed to help me hugely and I decided not to bother anymore, if they don't like me they'd just have to deal with it since its not my problem. I'm not here to please anyone I'm just here because Damon wants me to and for now that's all that matters.

We finally got to the gate and it was opened by one of the guards and after seeing it was Damon his face broke into a big smile but when he saw me beside his look just changed to disgust. Is it that I look bad or it's just me being a rogue that just seems to bother them?

" What's she doing here alpha?" he wondered

"She's going to be living here as from now. " Damon replied with a small smile turning to look at me

To say the guard was shocked, he was probably wondering what Damon had to do with me, it won't take time before he realised but I liked the way Damon replied, like he really wanted me to be with him, like what it brought him a sense of pride and joy.

We got to the house and he parked the car, Sam and Jonathan hastily got out and Damon told someone to show them around while I still sat down trying not to over think but this could be my future home if things with Damon turn out.

" Hey. " I heard Damon say after opening the door.

" Hey." I said and he held my hand.

" I wouldn't want you here if I know you wouldn't be safe here, I want you here Lee and I don't give a damn about what anyone has to say to that. What matters is that you're here with me. " he reassured.

" Thanks, for having me here and for everything. " I appreciated and he hugged me.

" I'm merely doing my job as your mate, " he said. " Ready to go in now?"

I stepped out of the car and he took my hand leading me in. Thankfully we didn't see anyone but I know that people were watching.

" You don't mind sharing a room with me do you? "he asked

Do I mind? We've slept together before but I don't know why it felt weird to now, surely word will go out and people may get to know that we're mates and I don't know if he wants that.

" I'm okay with it as long as you are. " I replied and he let out a small smile.

I don't know why but he's been letting out small smiles since today and it was really nice, I'm just hoping that things are getting better between us cause I want things to. I know I overreacted before and was being too difficult and I want to change things now, I want to give us a chance.

" I am, you should go have your bath. " he said pushing me to the bathroom

" Meaning? " I asked and he laughed