Chapter 52

Just when I thought that everything was going to go well without anyone getting hurt Loranda stabs Damon. How did that even happen? At least Sam is here now and they are going to break the spell. I just had to make sure Damon was okay and it was nothing serious. We all followed Aria and went to where Damon and Loranda were.

They were at the dungeon, several guards were trying to hold her down. Damon stood at a corner, his hands around the left side of his stomach trying to take out a dagger from it. The sight before me caused me to scream out his name. I just hoped the dagger wasn't coated with silver or poison and it was nothing serious.

How did she even get loose? She kept on fighting with the guards trying to set herself free from their grasp but they managed to hold her down even though it looked like that wouldn't be the case anytime soon.

"Goodness Damon, how did this happen?" I asked rushing to his side.

"It's nothing, I just need to get this out." He was referring to the dagger and didn't answer my question dismissing it.

It's a good thing Sam was here with the witch so they could get Loranda back to normal.

"Let's get you out of here and get this treated." I helped him up and on hearing my words Loranda let out a loud grunt and broke free from their grip ready to pounce on Damon but I stepped in front of him and used a gush of wind to push her aside.

She got back on her feet quickly and was ready to pounce again but Sam and the witch stepped in.

" You should go with him, I'll take it from here." I didn't need to be told twice because I helped Damon out of there quickly till we got to the room where the doctor was already waiting because Aria had called him.

The doctor needed privacy to get his work done so we excused him. Aria and I took a walk around the room and I asked her how he got stabbed.

"He wanted to see if she was awake and hungry or something so we decided to check on her and when we did we saw that she had already broken free from the chains and before we could process it she stabbed Damon and I rushed to call you while instructing some guards to hold her down and call the doctor too." She replied staring at me intently.

"If she wasn't your sister and pregnant, we would have wasted no time in destroying her but I'm just trying to put myself in your shoes and hers. This needs to end soon, when the spell has been broken we will be taking a trip to the castle, we need to put a stop to this."

I nodded agreeing to what she said. I've never seen the castle before or been there since only the nobility were allowed there and to think that they grew up in a castle is lovely but that must have been a very long time ago I doubt if they can remember it clearly.

  Can't wait for all of us to get together and end this. We will soon be taking actions, Damon just need to get better. I wonder how he's doing, I don't know why the doctor didn't let us stay with him.

"Quick, let's go to room 203." I heard some nurses say running while making a dash to the room,

Room 203, that was Damon's room. What's going on? I was beginning to panic, I really believed him when he said it's nothing serious.

"We need to go see Damon. " we chorused running along with the doctors.

We go to the room and when we got there all I saw was blood. Damon was bleeding terribly.

"What happened?" I asked and the nurses were trying to prevent us from going any closer.

"You have to leave so we can do our job." The doctor said while getting some things to do something to him.

" Is he going to be okay?" Aria asked, she looked calm and collected but I was freaking out, I'm sure she was too and was probably blaming or worse planning to kill Loranda.

"We're not so sure, the poison is really deep into his system. Please leave so we can continue." Aria and I left the room and she looked pissed walking in the direction of the dungeon.

A lot of things were going through my head. Damon shouldn't die, no, he can't die. I just need to call Sam and the witch if there's something they can do because it probably wasn't a normal poison, the witches must have done something extra to it and they were the only ones that could stop it. Aria looked angry and I really hope she wasn't going to hurt Loranda in any way, it could have been anyone that they used including me and her, I just had to make sure that I protect Loranda and her baby so nothing happened to her. Did I feel like hurting her as well? I'm not going to lie a part of me does especially when my brain is bringing up all the bad things she has ever done but I'm just reminding myself that it's not her fault, it was never her fault assuming it was I would have thrown caution out of the wind. I also get where Aria is coming from, she wants to protect her brother as well, I'm also going to protect my sister if she does anything rash.

Aria was marching to the dungeon and I was running trying to beat her to get there. On getting there, we saw Sam, the witch and Loranda and it seemed as if they had already broken the spell.

"We did it Lee, Loranda is free." Sam announced with a small smile, I was grateful that she was back to normal and just wished that what has happened in the last few hours could be reversed and Damon was not badly hurt.

"I'm so sorry Lianna, I didn't mean to, how is he doing?" She asked sobbing, I know she didn't mean to hurt him but she already did and now he's in a critical condition.

" He's not looking good." I answered and began to cry, I didn't know what to do anymore or what to even think. " please Sam, please let's go see what you guys can do. He needs your help."

"We should hurry if we want to save him." The witch spoke up and just as we were about to get going Aria came in attacking Loranda with full force causing her to be pushed violently against the wall.

" Aria please stop, we shouldn't be fighting now, our priority is saving Damon. Please don't do this." I begged standing in front of her. I really didn't have the strength for all of this, so much was happening in just one day.

"I can't loose him Lee, we only just reunited, we still have so much to do together." She said bursting out in tears and I was shocked to see her cry since she always portrayed herself as a tough girl but we've all been through a lot and the thought of loosing someone close to you was disheartening.

"We wouldn't loose him, Sam and the witch will do something. He'll be alright I promise." I said trying to convince not just her but myself. He has to be alright.

"We need to get going before it's too late." The witch said again and that just spurred everyone to action as we hurriedly made our way to the room where Damon was being treated.

Thanks for reading, sorry for the long wait, can't really figure out the direction I want the book to go in so please drop ideas and thoughts and I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Don't forget to like, comment and share. 🤗

Happy new year loves, I hope 2022 becomes your best year yet. 🥰