Chapter 24

Jonathan was the first to come back, he looked disorientated. He turned to look at me and I gave him a small smile not knowing what to do.

" What happened to the rest? " he asked

" I don't know, you were like that too. What happened to you? "
at happened to the rest? " he asked

" I don't know, you were like that too. What happened to you? "

"My worst nightmare. " he answered and there was this sound we heard after that.

" And what is that? My past, the darkest of them all. I re lived it. " he answered

" So that's what that was. This is crazy. "

" Very, let's just hope they get out of it. "

Vulcan was the next to get out of the trance and he had the same look that Jonathan had. We waited for them to snap out of it then Sam was next. We've been waiting for the past thirty minutes for Damon to come back but nothing happened. Could it be that he was trapped there already?

" Aria, Aria, Aria. " Damon called frantically panting. He was panting although he was still in a trance. I don't understand why we could hear him, his emotions were definitely stronger. " Please don't leave me, don't leave me. "

He was uttering the same word he uttered the morning I woke up and it was not directed at Cici, it was directed at Aria, who then was Aria? The question was left hanging in the air.

Don't leave me Aria. " he said again

At this rate if he's not trapped yet he probably would be.

" Yaaay, he's mine. " the nymph shouted excitedly.

" What? " I asked staring from her to Sam. " We can still get him right? "

" No we can't, she took him to let us move to the next stage of this journey. " Sam said

" You've got to be kidding me, I'm not leaving him here for anything. "

" Then you'd die. " she said

All of a sudden roots started appearing from the ground turning into trees, live ones. This can't be good.

" We can talk this out can't we. " Jonathan said. " You're very pretty you know that, leave our friend for us huh "

" You're too late. " She said. All the living trees about five in number turned to look at us.

" Damon, Damon come back to me will you. Stay with me. " I said tapping him trying to see if he'd wake up but he was long gone.

How on earth do we even fight this thing, I turned away from Damon to be faced with one. It was holding a sword in its hand which it tried to use to strike me but I dodged. How does a tree get a s.word? Couldn't it have gotten something natural?

I've been trying to defeat it but it was futile. It wasn't even affecting it, all my bows and strike. I guess there's no bad in using my powers now.

The tree was about striking me when I pushed it away with a strong gust of wind. It looked at me with a raised brow and I did the same. It attacked me and I kept dodging attacking it until I had the perfect moment to strike then burnt it and since it was wood, it caught fire instantly. Sam and I concentrated in burning it while Jonathan and Vulcan had to dodge being killed. When we had finished burning it all up Damon wasn't still conscious.
I got a hold of the nymph and was holding a knife to her throat

" Release him. " I said and she just disappeared. I turned around trying to find where she was but I couldn't see her, it was like she disappeared into thin air that is until she started hitting me.