Chapter 58

The witches were here. They had an angry look on their face, there were two of the main evil witches, formerly three but Damon had killed one of them so it was just two. The witches stood angrily staring at us and for the first time we outnumbered them.

"Did you really think that you can just come here and you'll easily destroy what we have sustained for so long?" One of the witches asked. She has a red curly hair and she was quite short and looked quite angry.

"That's the point. We are here to restore things back to order, you've carried this on for too long." Sam spoke up.

"Shut up warlock, we have no business with you." The other witch spoke up, she had jet black hair and was a little bit taller than her friend.

"Our main concern here is the wolf king and our darling Loranda." The red hair started. "Loranda sweetie, did you think you can really get away from us. We own you and that child you are carrying." She was eyeing Loranda's stomach which was already slowly starting to show.

"You don't own me and most certainly don't own my child and you never will." Loranda thundered.

The black haired witch started laughing, " we wouldn't own the child if you can't give birth to it, it would be such a pity for you to loose it don't you think?" The red haired asked with a wicked smile then started doing something to Loranda causing her to start screaming.

I quickly rushed to Loranda's side as she nearly fell clutching her stomach. Damon, Aria and Sam swiftly attacked the red witch causing her to stumble and stop her attack on Loranda.

"Are you okay?" I asked worried, nothing must happen to her baby at all cost.

"Yes I'm fine." She replied as I helped her up.

" I don't think you should be here, it's dangerous, I don't want anything to happen to you." I was worried about her safety and that of her child. These witches are dangerous.

"I'm here already Lee, I'm done running, we need to end this now. I have to destroy them." Loranda spoke determined.

"Okay then, let's do this." I said as we dodged an attack from the black haired witch.

" Sisters reunion, how sweet." She spoke sarcastically sending different balls of fire our way.

We dealt with her while the others faced the red haired witch and they were slowly getting to her. I was using more of fire to fight her off while Loranda was changing between wind to attack and water to quench the fire. This went on for a while until I realized this was their tactic to delay us while the wolf king (Amon) escaped.

We need to end this quick, i communicated to Damon through telepathy. They are delaying us on purpose.

" You will never win against us." The red haired boasted as the attack she made to Sam hit him. "You are all nothing but roaches under our feet."

That seemed to have annoyed Damon as he started a blazing ball of fire bigger than the globe to attack the red haired witch of which she dodged. Together, Aria, Sam and Damon started a big ball of fire and in unison attacked the witch and this time it hit her. She let out a loud scream causing the black haired witch to turn in her direction and we took it as our chance as we swiftly attacked her with a ball of fire that hit her and while she was trying to recover from it we kept on sending balls of fire to her attacking her on different parts of her body and soon she started burning but she didn't give up she kept on trying to attack us but failed as we expertly dodged all her attacks as she was weak.

The two witches were burning now screaming at the pain the fire was causing them and as if that wasn't enough, Sam brought out an ancient wooden dagger used to kill witches back in the days and stabbed them directly on their heart. The burn from the stab was different in an instant they burnt to ashes and I let out a loud sigh grateful that was over.

Now that the path was clear we swiftly made our way to the topmost tower and when we got to the chamber that the king was it was heavily guarded with able bodied men and angry looking wolves. As they pounced to attack us we didn't try fighting them off with our strength but started burning them up or using different elements to attack them as we cleared the path leading to the door.

Damon opened the door and we all walked in looking for signs of the wolf king but the room was completely empty.

" Where could he be?" I asked Damon as we looked around trying to find any hidden passage.

" I'm sure he must have escaped already." Jonathan said angrily.

"We need to find out how he escaped, Damon and Aria do you know of any hidden passage around here?" Loranda questioned.

" Sam could you try out a location spell?" I asked as we all sought to find any loophole or anything that gave away how he escaped, where he escaped to or where he might be.

I turned around going back to the door so I could access the whole room and probably see something that I wasn't seeing. I tried opening the door to see what would catch my eyes if I just walked in but the door wasn't budging and we most certainly didn't lock ourselves in.

"Guys, we've been locked in." I announced and they all turned to look at me and in that moment when we were all distracted there came an attack from nowhere as the room started spinning around speedily and we all lost balance and in that moment of our decomposure that we felt the room heating up.

I tried to wrap my head about what was going on but I couldn't even think until we saw them, the witches and Amon.

They let out an evil laugh and in unison they spoke up, "you really didn't think you killed us did you?" I was too stunned to think or even comprehend what had happened, turns out they played a trick on us and we fell for it.

Thanks for reading, slowly nearing the last few chapters of this book and can't wait for it to come to an end. As always, don't forget to vote, leave comments, add to your library and reading list. Thanks 🙃