27. Confrontation

Do read the A/N below...

It was a beautiful Sunday morning. Ashutosh and Shefali were getting ready to go exploring the pink city. Shefali was excited for the trip as it was for the first time, she was going somewhere apart from her school. They left their house at 9 AM and began their journey from Amber Fort and Palace.

 They left their house at 9 AM and began their journey from Amber Fort and Palace

Ashutosh - "Look Shefali, this is the Amber Fort and Palace. The foundation stone of this palace was laid by Raja Mas Singh I and was completed by Mirja Raja Jai Singh. The Maota lake, intricate wall paintings, frescos and precious jewels add to its beauty. Not to forget the Sheesh Mahal or the Palace of Mirrors. Do you know, this hall is designed in such a way that a single ray of light entering into it can illuminate the entire hall?"

Shefali looked at the place, fascinated by its beauty. She looked at everything with interest and fascination.

Their next destination was Hawa Mahal. 

Ashutosh - "Built by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh in 1798, Hawa Mahal is a five-storey extension in the form of a honeycomb

Ashutosh - "Built by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh in 1798, Hawa Mahal is a five-storey extension in the form of a honeycomb. This unique building has 953  jharokas, decorated with intricate lattice work. The entire palace represents the crown of Lord Krishna. The windows of this palace have been designed in such a way that irrespective of the time or season of the year, cool breeze always persists inside the palace. Another purpose of this palace was to prevent outsiders from catching a glimpse of the royal women. The incredible lattice of windows were designed in a way that it allowed a clear view of the outside world to the insiders, yet restricted outsiders from being able to stare inside the palace."

Shefali - "Wow, Ashu. This is so beautiful."

Ashutosh smiled. He loved seeing his wife happy. He did not know how it had happen but he had fallen for her. Her innocence, her maturity, for everything. But he knew better than confessing his feelings right now.

Shefali - "Ashu, can you get me some water?"

Ashutosh - "Of course. You wait over here, I will be back soon."

Shefali nodded. Ashutosh gave her a smile and left. She stood their admiring the beauty of the Palace of the Winds, when a man held her hand and turned her towards himself. Colour drained from her face when she recognised the man standing in front of her, the man she loathed. Rajesh Singh.

Rajesh - "How are you, baby girl? I missed you so much." He held her tightly by her waist and tried to kiss her. But Shefali had better ideas. She scratched his face with her nails. Rajesh screamed. By that time Ashutosh had returned with the water bottle. He screamed.

Rajesh ran, realising that Ashutosh was ready to kill him. Ashutosh came running to his wife. 

Ashutosh - "You fought well."

Shefali looked at him with tears in her eyes. Ashutosh wiped them and made her drink some water. 

Ashutosh - "Come with me, now."

Shefali follows him to the car. They drive to Shefali's materna home. The car stopped and Ashutosh-Shefali got down.

Shefali - "No Ashu. Don't do this. Please."

Ashutosh - "No. I won't have someone trying to scare my wife."

They enter the house. Brijesh and Rajeshwari are shocked on seeing them while Rajesh starts sweating.

Ashutosh (looking at Rajesh) - "HOW DARE YOU TOUCH MY WIFE? I WILL BREAK THAT HAND OF YOURS. HOW DARE YOU?"

Rajeshwari - "Relax son, she is used to it."

Ashutosh - "YOU  SAY THIS. A MOTHER SAYS THIS. HAVE SOME SHAME..."

Rajeshwari - "Yes I say this. This girl killed my son. I hate her."

Shefali looks at her shocked. 

Rajeshwari - "I had given birth to twins. A boy and a girl. But the boy was too weak to stay alive. He died. Died right after his birth."

Ashutosh - "WHAT IS HER FAULT IN THAT?"

Brijesh - "Her fault is that she lived. She should have died instead of my boy. What should I do with her? I tried to raise her as a boy. But no, she loved all those girly things. So, I handed her over to Rajesh."

Ashutosh - "YOU ARE PATHETIC. FROM TODAY ONWARDS, YOU ARE NO ONE TO ME OR MY WIFE. I BREAK ALL THE RELATIONS WITH YOU. NO, I WON'T FILE A CASE AGAINST YOU. BEACAUSE I KNOW MY WIFE. SHE WILL WANT TO BE A GOOD DAUGHTER. YOUR PUNISHMENT IS TO LIVE WITHOUT HER. WITHOUT A CHILD."

He held Shefali's hand gently and took her to the Chauhan House.

Chauhan House

Ashutosh and Shefali enter the house. Anger was still evident on is face. Baldev and Asha get up, seeing his angry face and Shefali's tears. Ayushi runs to Shefali and hugs her.

Ashutosh - "Ayu, your session has not started yet, right?"

Ayushi nods.

Ashutosh - "Mom-Dad, you and Ayu will shift with us to Bangalore. I will shift to a 3 BHK Flat. Ayu will get admission in one of the schools there. And Shefali will also be studying. Please."

Baldev and Asha look at each other. They understand what would have happened. They understand their children's silence. They nod.

Shefali looks at Ashutosh and realises his love for her. She looks at her new family, or rather her only family, and then remembers that she was sent here as a punishment because she fought. She once again looks at them and realises that this family, and the life that awaited her was Worth Fighting For.

Ayushi jumps in joy. Shefali smiles. Ashutosh grins. Baldev and Asha give them a smile of experience. 

And then, they begin a new life, not devoid of problems but full of love.

_____________________THE END___________________

Yes, the story ends today. This's the final chapter. The epilogue will be given after 14th and before 17th.

Any questions? Anything I missed? Tell me. 

If you like my writing skills, try my other works also.

~Purnima