17. Together

Don't forget to check the A/N in Love Always Wins...please.

_______________________________________________________

Thursday, 6:30 AM

Ashutosh - "Does that matter. I don't think so. And remember one thing. You are as pure as a new born's heart. What happened was against your wish. And therefore, it does not matter."

Shefali stares him for sometime and then hugs him. Few seconds later, she breaks the hug and looks at Ashutosh.

Shefali - "How is your back?"

Ashutosh - "What happened to my back?"

Shefali - "You very well know what happened to your back. What was the need to be so harsh?"

Ashutosh gives her a weak smile and tries to leave the balcony. Shefali grabs his hand and pulls him. Ashutosh turns around, not because of her not-so-strong pull but because of her gesture.

Shefali - "I am your wife, Ashu. I need to know."

Ashutosh - "I will tell you. But on one condition."

Shefali - "What?"

Ashutosh - "You will call me Ashu when we are alone."

Shefali(smiling) - "Okay. I will."

Ashutosh grins. 

Shefali - "Now tell me."

Ashutosh - "Shefali, my parents taught me to respect women. I have a younger sister. Yet I behaved like that with you. I was angry on myself.

Shefali - "You did so because you were not in your senses. By the way, I think you should inform Ayushi about Rajat's intentions. She should be aware about it."

Ashutosh - "I leave it to you. Inform her and make her understand the situation."

Shefali nods. They are interrupted by Ashutosh's cellphone, which was ringing in the living room. 

Living Room

Shefali and Ashutosh enter the living room. Ashutosh looks at the caller ID. Shefali's father was calling him. Shefali shudders at the fact. Ashutosh answers the call.

Ashutosh - "Good morning uncle."

Brijesh - "Good morning son. How are you?"

Ashutosh - "I am good. How are you?"

Brijesh - "I hope Shefali is not troubling you."

Ashutosh(sternly) - "I think I had made it very clear last time I visited your house that I do not wish to hear rubbish about my wife."

Brijesh was shocked at his tone.

Brijesh - "Women do no deserve so much respect. It is their duty to serve the man in every way possible and lie in the corner when their services are not required."

Ashutosh's anger reaches its peak. He screames.

Ashutosh - "I DID NOT ASK YOUR OPINION. MY WIFE LEFT HER FAMILY, HER HOUSE AND EVEN HER CITY FOR ME. SHE STAYS WITH ME, GUIDES ME AND CORRECTS ME. SHE TAKES CARE OF MY YOUNGER SISTER AS A MOTHER WOULD DO. SHE IS NO A SERVANT AND ANYONE WHO HAS OR WILL TREAT HER LIKE ONE, IS A CRIMINAL. NEXT TIME, IF YOU WISH TO TALK THIS RUBBISH, THEN PLEASE DON'T CALL ME."

Ashutosh's loud voice had woken up Ayushi. She comes to the living room. It was easy for her to understand who was on the other side of the call. Ashutosh cuts the call immediately.

ShefaliI(moving towards Ashutosh) - "Calm down. Ashu, calm down.

Ashutosh visibly relaxes when Shefali addresses him as "Ashu". His reaction does not go unnoticed by Ayushi, who takes the opportunity to tease them.

Ayushi - "Please let me go away, before you guys start romancing."

Shefali shakes her head while Ayushi runs inside the washroom, grinning. Ashutosh laughs loudly and all three of them get busy.

Living Room, 9 AM

Ashutosh and Shefali were ready to leave. 

Ashutosh - "Ayushi, I am serious. Do not open the door for anyone. I will call you before ringing the doorbell. And when I say anyone, I mean anyone."

Ayushi - "Okay bhai. Now go."

Ashutosh and Shefali left the house and left for their destination in the car.

Photo Studio

The photographer was giving various instructions to Shefali and was clicking her photographs. Ashutosh was standing behind him, giving her an encouraging smile.

After the photographs were clicked, Ashutosh and Shefali left the place, promising to return after an hour.

Cyber Cafe

The coupe enters the cyber cafe. Ashutosh helps Shefali to take print-outs of the forms of various colleges. He, then, helps her create an email-id. 

Shefali - "What was the need of an email-id?"

Ashutosh - "You will receive necessary information regarding admission on it. And it has many more benefits which you will understand later."

Both of them leave the place.

____________________________________________________

So, how is it?

What are your views about the phone call? 

Do not forget to vote comment and share.

~Purnima