Dear Kian

On June 11th, 2014, Kiandrea had just made their official breakup public, and sure I loved Kian, but I really didn't want to be that rebound girl again..
Oh how I loved Kian..
We've been friends for a while, but once Andrea was put in the picture, there seemed to be no room for me, so I decided I'd move back to Arizona.
I left after the first 2 weeks of their blooming relationship, he rarely talked to me, and even though I had always been there for him and he had always been there for me, but he just forgot about me, in the snap of a finger.
I left him this letter the night I had drove to LAX to go back to my home state.

Dear Kian,
I know this may seem sudden and out of the blue, but I just can't live like this anymore. Ever since you met that Andrea girl, I was no longer in your life. You were my life, and you just pushed me away for another girl. Remember that week we stayed at my apartment laying in bed watching Netflix after you came back from VidCon? Remember when we stayed in that line for a whole 2 days just so we could get tickets for your favorite band, and ended up not getting them, then I went around town asking to buy the tickets without you knowing? I'll never forget how happy you were, that beautiful smile of yours, and the way you hugged me with so much love.. Remember all the amazing times we had together, or is that only me? I remember the time you comforted me when I went through that terrible break up. I remember when you threw me a huge surprise birthday party and I met Tyler, Troye, and Tyde. You knew that was what I was waiting for, you knew how much I wanted to meet them. Remember when my Prom date never showed up and I called you crying? You came to my rescue, you drove to my house and took me to Prom, you danced with me all night, and when you dropped me off at my house at 2 A.M. you let me cry into your chest, not only did you do that, but you also came over the next day with a bouquet of roses and coaxed me to get out of bed. Remember when you got a tattoo but you didn't want to at first so you promised that if I got one you'd get one? We sat in those chairs for like forever and I did that all for you. I didn't tell you why I got a bunch of letters, or what they meant, but now you'll know, first was the heart, then the letter K. K, Kian, then C, Claire, followed by L, Lawley, then A, Adams, ending it with a heart. Kian, Claire, Lawley, Adams, KCLA. I know it may seem weird, but you have made such a huge impact on my life and I don't ever want to forget my time spent with you. Kian & Claire, it's been that way for a long time, and I hoped it would never change, but things happen for a reason right? Remember your last birthday when I took you out to the waterpark? Then at noon we went to get Taco Bell, we ate it at my apartment and lounged around the rest of the night, then the next day I surprised you with a trip to DisneyLand? We had an amazing time there and once you wanted to go home, I took you out for Chipotle and we ate a butt load of food! Then we lounged around that night, talking and watching Netflix, we did that the next day too! All those memories and more are probably gone now, covered with your memories of Andrea. I hope you still remember all the wonderful times we had, and I hope you know I love you. When something happens, know I want to be there to comfort you, but I won't. I know you'll love her with all of your heart, but I can't promise she'll love you with the same amount of passion. She's beautiful and an amazing person, and I know I can never be like her, but I know I can be there for you when you need me. I'm sorry for writing you this letter, and I'm sorry if this ruined your day, but know you'll always be in my heart. And if you need anything, you know who call.
xoxo Claire xoxo
I'm so sorry Kian.

As I wrote this, my teardrops stained the page, I folded it perfectly, then gently placed the letter in an envolope, and sealed it.
I then signed Kian's name onto the front of the envolope, grabbed my bags and headed out of my apartment.
I locked my apartment door, knowing this would be the last time I'd be in California, this would be the last time I'd be in this apartment that held so many amazing memories, and I let tears stain my cheeks as I walked to my car.