Late Night Flights

** Dedicated to you  **

I'll never win with this one, and that's probably why I'll keep chasing.

*Kian's POV*

Why'd Claire even go to London?
I mean I know she booked the wrong flight, but why didn't she just buy a new ticket?
I hope she's okay, and I hope that this doesn't make things worse with Andrea.
I walked out of my room and downstairs.
As I walked down the last few steps Trevor asked, "What was that all about?"
"Claire is in London."
"London? Why is she there?"
"Apparently she bought the wrong plane ticket."
"Oh."
Connor had just been sitting there quietly, which was a little unusual because he usually adds a comment or two into a conversation.
"Con, you okay?" I ask.
"Yeah, yeah--it's just I saw Claire earlier this morning--rather, late last night but anyways she was dropping off something and looked--nervous.." Connor said with a confused expression.
"Strange." I said. "What'd she drop off?"
"I don't know, it was dark." Con replied.
"Where'd she drop it off?" I asked.
"Um I'm not too sure, but I think it's in the mailbox." Con said.
"Oh, I'll get it later." I said as I began to head back upstairs, but then stopped and turned back to the guys, "Oh yeah! I'm going to London, tonight."
The boys brushed it off at first but then when I was at the top of the staircase they said, "What?"
"I'm going to London tonight." I repeated.
"What? W-Why?" Trev asked.
"Nothing really."
Con looked at me suspiciously and then asked, "Is this about Claire?"
"No! No! Can't a guy just go on a little trip and take a break?" I said with a big sigh as I rolled my eyes and continued to my room.
I shut my door and then walked over to the bed, thinking about Claire.
'Lately she hasn't been herself..' I thought.
Then my phone began to vibrate, I didn't bother looking at the name and answered it.
"Cl--" I began but was cut off.
"Hey!" Andrea said.
"H-Hey!"
"We're you expecting someone else?"
"No! No! It's just we haven't talked in a little while."
"Yeah, I know.. That's why I called.. I'm sorry for being so... Moody."
"It's fine. How was your week?" I asked as if we hadn't had one of the biggest fights we had ever had in our relationship just a week ago.
"Good, good. So do you want to go out tonight?" She asked.
"Actually I can't.."
"Why?"
"I'm going to London."
"Fun! You know what would be fun? Let's go together!"
"O--"
"There! I bought a ticket! The one boarding at 9 right?"
"Yeah, that's the one.."
"Okay then! I'll see you then! Love you!" She said and I could feel her smile through the phone.
"Okay, love you." I said as I hung up.
Then I lay back on the bed and thought, 'Well, this took a turn.. I think will be good for Andrea and I... We can go back to the way it was.. Like when we first started dating! This is going to be the best trip!'
I sighed with relief and laced my fingers together and placed them behind my head as I exhaled loudly.
Then I feel asleep in complete bliss, forgetting all about the "present" from Claire that she left in the mailbox.
-
I woke up at 8:20-ish and packed couple pairs of clothes and my charger in a backpack and headed to my car to drive to LAX.

I couldn't help but think that Claire was a Polaroid picture, something that in the moment would last but left with a nostalgic feeling.