Chapter 29

My cheeks heated up with flirtatious word he called me all throughout our conversation.

I smirked once I read the message all over again. If I go, I'll risk getting into more trouble and lets not forget who we're talking about here. But if I don't go, I'll have to risk being with both Robert and Niall while staying home and doing nothing. If Harry thinks I'm that much of a goody-two-shoes to begin with, then he's definitely wrong. I'm tired of everyone always looking down at me, as if I can't do anything. Those days are gone. Maybe sneaking out a second time will help prove that. Not only me, but to myself.

Quickly, I took off my sweater before grabbing a black tank top from the drawers. It was getting hot today so I kicked off my shoes and wiggled my pants to my ankles before stepping out of them. Rushing back to my closet, I skimmed for a pair of light denim high waisted shorts to tug up my legs and keep the tank top tucked in. I also decided on switching my shoes to my low top converse so I'll be more comfortable. Finally, I fixed my hair and grabbed a grey bo-ho style cardigan (to cover up), all before locking my bedroom door and heading out back towards the balcony.

Opening the doors, I grabbed onto the side railing of the balcony and slid down carefully before hoping off and landing on the ground in one piece. Straightening my clothes, I walked over to an amused Harry.

I smirked the second I got there. "You were saying?"

Harry had his lips pursed to the side in amusement. "I'm impressed, two-shoes. I didn't know you had it in you." He leaned off the side of his car, coming face to face with me, that same devious, taunting smirk on his face.

I shot him a fake smile, "Well now you do."

I glanced down, admiring the way he wore his white oval scoop t-shirt and tight black jeans with his boots. It was exactly what he had on after he changed in front of me which I recall looking away in. Only this time, he changed things up with a black hat and dark shades.

"Checking me out, I see." I looked up to see him looking down at me with a teasing look.

I rolled my eyes, embarrassed that he caught me. "No."

He licked his lips, running his eyes up and down my body. "You don't look so bad yourself. I'm actually surprised you whipped up a new outfit so quickly." He smirked. "What? Where you excited I asked you out?"

"This is not a date." I corrected him.

He revealed his cleansing white teeth. "Only if you want it to be." His hand dug into his pocket before retrieving his car keys and pressing the button to unlock the doors. "Now come on.. You wouldn't want Robert to see you." He teased before opening the passenger's side door for me to sit.

I looked at him with curious eyes. Though I must admit part of me really found his ways attractive, I also remembered the kidnapping; the murders he might've done. Those thoughts didn't come to my head until now. He had me wowed beneath his charm and look at where it's brought me now. Great Leah, you left home to be with a bipolar socio path.

Could my day get any better?

***

"Can I ask again where exactly are we going?" I looked at him as he drove in concentration around town.

"Relax, you'll see it when we get there." He teased.

I huffed while taking a seat back against his car seat, looking out in front of me to see this was a place beginning to look like I've never at. It was almost like a downtown area with a bunch of tables outside with umbrellas. It was very beautiful, nothing like the busy streets I was used to seeing. I just wonder what exactly we're doing here?