Chapter 22

"Hold up there, California." Liam smiled looking down at me.

I sighed in relief, "Oh, thank God it's only you."

"Were you hiding from someone?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

Truthfully I wasn't, I just, couldn't risk having it be Harry. He'll upset me after I'm in a really good mood. How? He'll find a way, I'm sure of it.

"No." I shook my head, quickly remembering something else I wanted to tell him. "Oh, guess what?"

"What?" He chuckled, smiling at how happy I was.

"I got accepted to CSU!"

"What!" He exclaimed cheerfully, "Leah that's amazing!"

Without really realizing anything going on, we threw our arms around each other and embraced. Once we actually noticed what we were doing, we quickly pulled away.

I must admit though, that was kinda awkward.

Liam cleared his throat, looking back down to start chuckling. "Eh.. Sorry about that?"

"Oh, no, that's okay.. I mean we're friends right?" I tried to make things less awkward but only, I made it worse.

"Yeah, of course, it's the friendly thing to do.." He looked back down, frowning a bit at himself and the situation.

He's a nice guy, really, but I only see him as another Niall. Hold on, let me rephrase that. I only see Liam as another brother. A hug? Really Leah? You've hugged hundreds of boys before and this one made you feel awkward? Well, of course I didn't hug hundreds of boys, a couple five or so was all and those were friends from my last school, the school I've been in for an entire year without moving. Or at least, 3/4ths of a year before I ended up here.

"So college.." He continued, "What did you get accepted for?"

I looked around, hoping no one was actually paying attention to this conversation.

"It's pretty stupid." I nodded my head.

Liam started nudging my arm playfully, wanting to get an answer from me. "Oh come on. I'm sure it's not as bad as mine?"

"What's yours?" I asked knowing it wasn't going to be bad at all. Liam's smart. I on the other hand picked out something that really can't get you anywhere, but what can I say, it's what I love?

"Uh.. Engineering and technology."

I didn't mean to laugh, but it came out in a quiet tone. He has to be joking. Then looking back up, I noticed he wasn't. "Oh my God, you're serious?"

He nodded his head, feeling a little embarrassed. Now I completely felt like a jerk, why would I do that?

"I didn't mean it like that." I widened my eyes. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." He chuckled, "You see, I told you mine was bad. Now tell me yours."

I looked down, closing my eyes to finally speak up when I was cut off yet again from following.

"Leah!" Robert yelled walking up to us.

I held eye contact with every move he was doing. Finally, when he reached us, he said hi to Liam and looked back at me. He looked worried.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's your brother. I can't find him?"

"Wasn't he just with you?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

He shook his head, "Yes but I left to talk to someone and left him with the other guys. When I turned I saw he was slay leaving with the rest of them and they all seemed pretty mad."