Chapter 6

*NEXT AFTERNOON*

Yesterday was hectic. I spent all afternoon unpacking my clothes and making the white room have some color in it.

But it was all worth it, I'm glad of how my room turned out to be. I was even more proud of taking full credit for it myself and not some designer Mom would always pay to do it for me.

After I unpacked, I only had half an hour to rest before Robert called us down to eat some pizza he ordered. Turns out, he's never had a home cooked meal in 18 years since he broke up with my Mom. Honestly, I got to know Robert a little bit better last night and there's a lot we have in common. For example, we hate ketchup and find comedy movies not so funny. We're more into drama and horror. He's a nice guy, I guess. He's very hospital and is always wondering if we need anything. Why couldn't he be like this 18 years ago?

So now here I lay, in my comfy warm bed, staring at the plain white ceiling over my head. I felt as if there was nothing to do here, so if I stay in bed it'd stay that way. But sadly, being the clean freak I am, I decided stand up and start cleaning myself up.

I trudged up to the drawers and pulled out a pair of clothes for me to wear after I shower. Along with that, I took out a new towel and swung it over my shower.

Stepping out of my room, I quietly closed the door and walked over to the bathroom. It was quiet in the house, I even took a moment to notice that Niall's bedroom door was open. Where could they be?

I shrugged away those questions and moved inside the bathroom.

The bathroom was quite big from my prospective. Of course, it was nothing close to the smallest bathroom I ever had but it was perfect. The space looked more crowed.

I didn't barge to waste anymore time and started to strip off my clothes and step into the already running shower. The droplets felt soothing as they splattered onto the tense muscles.

My body relaxed, letting all the warm droplets hit any area exposed. I closed my eyes and let my hair soak endlessly before spreading some shampoo over it which I left here last night.

Minutes passed which felt like hours soaking in warm water. I knew it was time to step out when the hot water started to become cool.

Not liking the feeling, I turned the showerhead off and swung the shower curtain open. My hand reached for the towel which was hooked on a rack as I stepped out.

Working my way up, starting from my legs, I continued to dry myself. The sounds of footsteps where faintly heard coming up the stairs making me think either Niall or Robert forgot something in Niall's room and came to go get it. Robert said so himself he doesn't use this bathroom and Niall claims he always knocks before entering a bathroom so I knew I had nothing to worry about.

It just so happened that in a matter of seconds in which I had just held the towel up to my chest, the bathroom door swung open.

To my surprise, it was someone completely strange.

I felt my cheeks burn red as I observed his features.

"Whoa." His raspy voice spoke, green eyes trailed up and down my body.

My immediate reaction was to sprint up to the door and slam it closed once I noticed he wasn't moving or taking any action to cover his eyes out close the door again, the way a normal guy should do.

"Get out!" I raised my voice.

The door was finally closed, heat still rushed through my cheeks and entire body as I thought about what just happened.