I couldn't find any words. My hand went up to my throat as sharp gasps left my lips; my lungs desperate, trying to find some oxygen, trying to find some sense as far as what was happening because none of it made sense. 

"Now, lets hurry. Cops will be here at any minute," he said with a small smile and looking around the kitchen. "Such a nice kitchen. Maybe her blood won't stain."

"No," I snarled, pulling my arm away from his touch. "Don't fucking touch me. I'm not going anywhere with you."

He chuckled, rolling his eyes his hand going up to my hair while he pressed the gun to my back. I whimpered quietly, feeling the metal against me... Threatening my life. 

"You will go wherever I ask you to go, do you understand?" he whispered in my ear, his voice a menace to my very existence. "It's simple. We leave, Adrian stays unharmed and so does Liam. Understood?"

Adrian.

Liam

I had to get out of this situation.

"I can't leave Adrian," I whispered. "Please don't make me do this." 

I didn't mention Liam knowing that it would more than likely set Brian off. 

"You've left him once already. I think he's used to it by now."

I glance up, looking at the clock; the hand seemed to be ticking, but time was at a standstill. 

Until the door flew open. Suddenly the gun wasn't on my back but directed at the man I loved. 

It was too late for me to do anything.

Another gunshot. 

I gasped, watching how Liam fell to the ground too, blood staining the gray t-shirt he wore. 

"Fuck," he hissed, bringing his hand over to the injured shoulder. "Fucking let her go." Liam snarled, a pained look flashing through his eyes, but it wasn't because of his injury; his solemn gaze was fixed on the way I was hyperventilating.

"You just have perfect timing, don't you?" Brian said, shooting off the gun again, this time hitting Liam's chest. 

I couldn't scream, even seeing Liam down on the floor and groaning in pain. 

You're such a coward, I kept repeating to myself. 

I saw Liam attempting to hold pressure against the wound on his chest that appeared to just keep oozing blood nonstop, and with shaking hands I fought my way out of Brian's arms. He aimed the gun to me but I didn't care, I needed to be with Liam. 

"I'm never going to love you," I snarled at Brian, who glanced over to window at the sound of distant police cars. "You are a sick, twisted man. I'll never feel anything but disgust towards you."

I decided to work as a distraction, anything to keep Brian from shooting again. His harsh glare met mine and I was surprised to see some sadness there. 

"I don't want to hurt you, Delilah."

"You're hurting me," I countered, hoping the words would slash through what little he had of a soul. "You are a monster who is hurting me, you're ruining my life."

I turned around, walking towards Liam who laid on the floor, leaning over him and putting my hands over his bleeding chest. 

"I love you," I whispered.

Liam groaned, taking my hand in his, ignoring Brian's command to let me go... and that's when I felt it. 

I let out a soft gasp, pressing onto his wound, squeezing my eyes shut as the blood continued to leave his body. His heart was slowing down underneath my hands, weakening and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it.