Chapter 41

All the sorry's, the apologies

All the 'You're not good enough's'

All the careless words you throw on me

It's hard to scrape them off

-Save It 'Till Morning by Fergie

DELILAH

Certain events take your breath away, they change you the second you see them, the second you live through them. And some things leave you so scarred and hurt that no matter what you try, the image is forever instilled in you memory, engraved in you heart and soul that no amount of therapy will remove it.

I blinked several times but the sight in front of me was real. He was there, with her, kissing her, touching her. I covered my mouth as I took in the image in front of me, Liam sitting behind his desk with Carissa's nearly naked body straddling him, kissing... 

Kissing her like he said he would only kiss me.

Touching her like he said he'd only touch me. 

Looking at her with so much desire, desire he said was reserved for me. Words he said were only for my ears to hear and lips that were supposed to belong only on my body.

She moaned, throwing her head back while Liam traced his lips down her chest and then his hand...

I closed the door quietly before they realized I was there and walked out of the shop, my hand cradling the belly that still didn't exist, crying silently. I heard someone calling out my name but didn't stop, I couldn't stay there, not after what I'd seen. 

"Delilah, stop! Delilah, what's going on?"

"Leave me alone, Chris," I sobbed. 

He stopped me, taking hold of my arm before cupping my face in his hands. 

"He's with her," I cried. "Liam is with Carissa, he's... He's with her."

"Oh... Fuck," he mumbled, hugging me tight against him.

The sobs wouldn't stop just like the intense pain in my chest. How could he have done that to me? He said he didn't want her... God, he said so many things. I clung to Chris' shirt, at the moment that was the only thing holding me up. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't think straight. 

"I'm so sorry," Chris murmured, but his words did nothing. It was too much... Everything was too damn much. 

"Why is he doing this?" I sobbed, feeling my knees begin to buckle. "I l-love him so, so m-much."

"Idiot," he whispered. 

"P-please, please get me out of here," I said.  

Chris didn't ask any questions, guiding me to his car. I knew I couldn't drive in that condition, hell, I could barely even walk. It hurt too much; seeing him like that, so much that the world was closing in on me. He held my hand during the drive, and though I had no clue where we were going, I was thankful I wouldn't have to see Liam.