Chapter 26

'Cause I can't sit, oh I can't talk...

Curse these nights that speak you name...

-Curse by Imagine Dragons

DELILAH

Two weeks had gone by since all the craziness occurred. I was back at my apartment and though Liam and I weren't living together, we talked every single night. It felt like this decision had been the wisest one. We were relaxed with each other and it served as a reminder that there was much more between us than just sex.

We would spend weekends together and so far, enjoyed every one of them. 

During the weeks that Liam had Adrian, I would stay to close the salon. Today in particular, the day had been long and tiring since Jo had a doctor's appointment. Luckily, it was just exhaustion from being on my feet all day. As much as I wanted to leave, instead I took a seat and rested for a bit, hoping it would ease the ache on my feet. 

Wearing flats had not been a good idea.

That and being on my period wasn't helpful either. I was exhausted, moody and just feeling... blah. There was no other word to describe it.

By this time there was no appointments left and I was done for the day, except I wanted to leave everything well organized for Jo. She'd been very considerate when everything happened I could only help her as much as I could as my way to repay her. 

I began cleaning again until the chiming of the door alerted me that someone had arrived. 

"Brian," I said, turning around. "What are you doing here?"

"I need a hair cut," he stated. He did, indeed need a haircut. His light brown hair was longer than when I'd met him. "Are you closed already?"

I shook my head no. "But I was about to. I can give you a quick haircut, though," I said, showing him where to sit. 

"Oh no, I'm joking Delilah," he chuckled, taking the seat. "I was actually here just to see how your family is doing."

I sat back down, stretching out my feet and trying my best not to show the pain the cramp I was having caused. "We're good, thank you. Adrian's all caught up with his school work and Liam has gone back to work as have I, as you can tell."

"Why are you alone though?" He asked me with a frown. "It's not good that you're alone especially when Caleb is still out there."

"Oh, Liam is going to pick me up actually."

"Ah, got it," Brian said. "You two doing okay?"

"Yes, we are." 

Better than okay.

"That's good to hear," Brian said. The smile on his face didn't meet his eyes though.

"Do you want the hair cut?" I asked, showing him some scissors.