Chapter 29

Oh, no here we go again
Fighting over what I said
I'm sorry, yeah I'm sorry
Bad at love, no, I'm not good at this
But I can't say I'm innocent
Not hardly, but I'm sorry
-Tell Me You Love Me by Demi Lovato

MATURE CONTENT AHEAD

DELILAH

"I'm scared of loving you," I whispered. His gaze softened but he didn't say anything, waiting for me to continue. "When I left, it was different. I always held back after we had Adrian but now that I'm here and I see how amazing everything is, I'm terrified that I'm going to mess it up or that one day something will happen and destroy everything. It took me a while but my heart is so open now, so vulnerable that the thought of ever losing Adrian or you is too much to bear."

"You left for years and we're still here," Liam said. 

"I know, I know. It's just... What if I fuck it up again? I can't lose you Liam, and God, I know you deserve better. You deserve someone who isn't afraid of committing, someone that doesn't have this irrational fear of being so open and honest with someone." I closed my eyes, sighing. "I don't want to be scared, Liam. I want to love you like you deserve. I want to be the woman you deserve."

I cleared my throat, finally getting the courage to say what I truly felt.

"I love you too, Liam, so much that it's scary. But I don't want to hold back anymore. You have me, my heart, my body... My soul. And I promise I'll be better at showing it, that's why I'm telling you right now."

Liam looked like he was about to say something but I stopped him by opening my robe and letting it fall to the floor. 

"Holy shit," he muttered. His eyes roamed my body with immediate lust and desire. My own reacted quickly, my breathing becoming a bit more heavy. "I kind of don't know whether to react to your words or to the way you look right now so... help me here," he said with the hint of a smile on his face.

I walked up to him and forgetting all my worries as I straddled him. 

"I love you, Liam and I trust you with my heart," I murmured, leaning down and kissing him. His hands were on my waist, holding me with such tight grip it almost hurt. 

"Are you sure about this Delilah?" He asked quietly. The same vulnerability I felt was present in the question. He was trusting me even when I had failed him. As terrified as I was, I knew he was probably much more scared.

"I'm sure, Liam. I love you with all my heart." 

Liam gave me a wide smile that showed me how much those three words meant to him. He held me close for a while while I nuzzled my head in his neck, his arms now wrapped around my body. It was going to take so much effort for me bring down these barriers that I had built for no apparent reason, but I wanted to, for us