TWO

A pile of fresh clothes was lying on the chair standing in the cabin, along with two big, fluffy towels. Thomas grabbed one of them and wrapped it around my shoulders. The towel was so big that it reached from my shoulders to my knees.

I inspected the clothing. White underwear, white socks, a pair of light pants and a navy blue sweater for me and a darker pair of pants and a light shirt for Thomas. Two pairs of darker blue sneakers were placed on the ground. I slid everything on and waited patiently for Thomas to finish getting dressed as well.

We were then led to another room. Thomas was taken away and I was appointed to a chair. A doctor walked up to me, holding a large syringe. 

"What is that?" I sceptically asked, backing away slightly.

"A few vitamins, calcium, just the things you were deprived of out there." Before I could object, the transparent liquid had been injected into my bloodstream. "Now, you may sit down on the bed over there and Doctor Crawford will be with you in a moment." He smiled kindly, pointing at a deep blue doctor's bed a few feet away from my current position. I nodded slowly before walking over to the bed, seeing Teresa was seated in a matching bed as well. 

A dark-skinned woman walked up to me and I was snapped back to reality. "Easy there. You must be Leah, Janson informed me about your condition." Her gaze shifted to my stomach and I protectively folded my arms over it. "My name is doctor Crawford. We're just going to check your vitals and then you're free to go again," She spoke in a gentle tone to calm me.

She closed the curtain surrounding the chair and the monitors, the last thing I spotted before the curtain blocked my view was a heavily concerned Thomas. 

I slowly laid back in the chair but kept my arms firmly over my stomach area. While doctor Crawford checked my pulse, blood pressure and eye reflexes, I stared at the ceiling, waiting for it to be over. I discovered that I didn't like being touched by someone I didn't know. 

"Shall we check on the little one?" she carefully asked, eyeing me assuringly. I hesitated. "I promise I'll be gentle," the woman said kindly and I slowly nodded before removing my hands. She took a piece of technology that was connected to a monitor before she lifted my shirt and squeezed a small amount of blue gel on the exposed skin. 

Without a warning, she placed the probe on my stomach and seconds later, I saw black, white and grey specks dancing around on the screen, just like I had seen in the computer room. I didn't take my eyes off of the screen as doctor Crawford continued to move the ultrasound around. 

"There seems to be nothing wrong with the baby. How's everything going so far? How's the morning sickness?" she chatted as she wiped the gel from my stomach and put away the ultrasound, snapping me out of my trance. 

"Y-Yeah, it's going well," I quickly said. 

"And Thomas is the father, right?" she asked casually. I nodded. "Interesting," she whispered to herself as if she were confirming something. 

"Why is that interesting?" I inquired. She ignored me completely as she got up.

"You can head back to the others. You'll be picked up for dinner soon." 

I decided to ditch my question and smiled in response, getting up from the chair. I opened the curtain but saw that the chair Thomas had previously been seated in was empty. I spotted Minho running on a treadmill on the other side of the room. I walked up to him. "Where's Thomas?" 

"I don't know, a guy took him with him. He's been gone for a few minutes already," he panted as the treadmill slowed down, giving him the chance to step off of it. He took a large sip from the bottle of water in his hand. 

"Okay, where's that other guy? Janson?" Minho just shrugged. I rolled my eyes. "Gee, thanks for the help," I sarcastically remarked before I walked away, continuing my quest to find Thomas. 

I walked up to a random door, but a guard stopped me from approaching it. "This is off limits," he stated. I huffed and returned to a chair, plopping down in it. 

"Listen up, everyone!" a voice barked and a tall, broad man holding a gun to his chest stepped up. "I'll be leading you to the others, please follow me and don't wander off. It's easy to get lost in this place," he stated with a grin.

"Others?" I heard Newt mutter. 

I got up and followed the group. It took us a few minutes until we reached a large canteen where give or take fifty other teenagers and kids were sitting at long tables, chatting and eating from the trays in front of them. 

I eyed the boys standing next to me in question and saw they were as baffled and speechless as I was. "Go on, don't be shy," the man who had led us here joked and pushed us forward. We slowly entered the canteen and found the line to the kitchen. 

"Who are all of these people?" Minho asked quietly. All he received were a few shrugs. 

I felt a group of burning gazes on me and I turned around. A few girls were staring at us intensely while they were whispering at one another. Defensively, I stepped behind Newt. We got our food and found an empty table. We ate our food in silence, overwhelmed by the mass of people. 

After a while, a few boys and girls walked up to us. A black-haired girl sat next to me. "Hi, my name is Sofya," she giddily said, smiling at me like crazy. 

I sent her a tiny smile as well before introducing myself.  "I'm Leah." 

"How long have you been here?" she asked, stealing one of my fries from my plate. I raised an eyebrow at her but decided to ignore her behaviour.

"A couple of hours. You?" 

"Three days. Is this your whole group?" She glanced at the boys sitting next to me. Newt, Minho, Winston, and Frypan. 

"No, we're missing Thomas," I replied. Then it hit me, Teresa wasn't here either. "Hold on. Newt, where is Teresa?" I asked my blond friend. 

"I don't know, I haven't seen her in a while. She had a checkup like you but never returned," he replied. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. 

"Thomas!" Minho exclaimed before jumping to his feet, jogging over to my boyfriend. 

Sofya leaned over and said softly, "He's cute." I sent her a deadly glare. 

"Careful, he's taken," Newt remarked with an amused grin. Sofya raised her eyebrow. 

"By who?" she asked with a bored expression.

"Me," I snapped and got up, walking up to Thomas and connected my lips with his as I pulled him close by the collar of his shirt. Thomas's hands found my waist and seconds later, we pulled back breathlessly. 

"You should greet me like that more often," he grinned and I giggled in response.