28 (final): let him go

I never thought Jimin would be like this.

Right in the living room down the stairs, I could feel him waiting like an animal predator, guarding the door so I wouldn't be able to leave.

I rolled on my bed as a frustrated, angry groan left my mouth from the pit of my stomach. Why wasn't he hanging out with Taehyung or his friends like the other days?

I hated how he was meddling with my life. We were both consenting adults, but maybe we never grew from our little bubbles. I thought I was the one who was childish, now I had realized Jimin was too.

There was another thought running through my mind. Would I have approved if it was Jimin dating a teacher of his college?

There could be female teachers. Young, and beautiful, and maybe only a few years older than him, but even that thought made me uncomfortable. A teacher was a teacher. As much as I hated it, I couldn't but think Jimin was right from his perspective.

I fiddled with my phone, unconsciously biting on my lower lip thinking if I should contact Namjoon or not. I wanted to meet him, because after he would leave we would only talk through texts or phone calls. And I was never good at them.

My phone buzzed with an incoming call, Jungkook's ID popped up. This was the sixth time he had called and casually, I ignored. For the last hour he had been constantly calling me and I wondered what the heck it was, but I was not  curious or forgiving enough to pick it up.

My phone buzzed again, now for a text. Jungkook again. Rolling my eyes I opened it, not that I was going to reply.

When I started reading the texts my throat went dry, with each passing second I could feel my body going numb. A bitter taste started to spread through mouth and everything became blurred.

Junkook: I saw professor cha today

Jungkook: I went to college to return a book I borrowed from the library and saw him. He looked fine so I went to talk to him and he said he came back today and can't wait to start taking our classes from tomorrow

Jungkook: then I looked for mr kim and couldn't find him anywhere

Jungkook: I think you should contact him

Jungkook: and I'm sorry. I really am.

My heart dropped as I read more and more of the texts coming from Jungkook. The phone fell through my shaky fingers, and my stomach coiled. A lump made its way to my throat, threatening to make me throw up everything I had in breakfast.

Within seconds, I got up and took my hoodie. Slipping it on, I ran for the door, quickly climbing down the staircase and then reaching the front door.

"Where are you going?" Jimin's voice stopped me right when I was about to leave.

"None of your business," I stated, calmer than I thought I would be. "Stop interfering with my life. You don't know anything."

Perhaps there was something in my eyes, something that made him go silent as if he didn't know what to say. Rather his eyes started to soften.

"I just wanted to say sorry because I was too harsh yesterday. I was worried, and still am. You and this professor of yours—"

"He's not anymore," I spat with my tone harsh. "The teach he was filling in for joined today. So he's going to leave, maybe, even today. Who knows!"

My voice cracked at the end of my sentence. I couldn't keep that calm and cool facade on anymore.

"So go on with your friends, Jimin! Live your life like you always have been. You're just like dad. Don't start to care only now because there's no turning back for me at this point."