13: he was just being nice

"You're here?" I asked Jungkook who was standing in front of my doorstep holding onto his bicycle, looking all ready to go somewhere.

So he had probably come with Taehyung who was inside, jamming over rap songs with my brother Jimin.

"Yeah," Jungkook said with a poker face on, standing still like that.

"You're not going inside?" I asked, moving aside from the door.

"Nah, I'm good." He shrugged dismissively. "I've been slacking off too much with hyungs. I should actually attend my classes today."

"You were waiting for me? Let me guess." I crossed my arms over my chest, making a face as if I was thinking hard to myself. "Your dumbass needs help with the things that you missed in class. Right?"

"Yeah." He gave me a huge toothy grin.

"Knew it." I started to walk ahead, he joined me, pushing his bicycle by his side.

"Do you even know there was a short test two days ago?" I asked next, making his calm expression waver.

"Eh? Really?" He licked his dried lip, glanced at me then glanced at the road again.

I found it so funny, seeing him terrified but I didn't laugh. Poor one had it hard already after scoring four out of fifty in our last quiz.

"Yeah," I stated. "I think you should talk to Namjoon after class today, and request him to solely take your exam."

He didn't seem to like the idea because if it was professor Choi, he would never agree, because Jungkook did slack off and he had to face the consequences. Although, knowing Namjoon, it was sure that he wouldn't be so hard on Jungkook.

"Don't worry, I'll accompany you after class," I said with a little sigh. Jungkook hummed in reply at first and later he asked me why.

"Just because." I took a moment to answer.

I had almost told him that Namjoon was like a friend to me.

When he wasn't.

***

"Go!" I gave a light push on Jungkook's back, whispering, though no one else was here except for us and Namjoon. "Talk to him!" I whispered again.

It was afternoon when the literature class was over, and everyone had left one by one already, Namjoon was leaving  too until Jungkook ran up to him.

"Um, Mr Namjoon!" He called out from the back, making him halt and turn back. In the meantime, I slowly crept up to Jungkook's side.

"Oh, you!" Namjoon made a face like he was trying to remember something. "You are-"

"I'm Jeon Jungkook," Jungkook replied hurriedly, Namjoon nodded at acknowledgement.

"You haven't been attending classes almost for a week now. There was a tutorial exam out of twenty five. That mark ought to be converted and seventy five percent of it would be added in the semester exam." Namjoon explained, I could see Jungkook breaking out in sweat already.

"Sir, I—"

"It's okay, I'll take your exam. Another student missed out on it since his mom was sick. I'll take his exam later this week so you can attend it too with him." Namjoon gave Jungkook a reassuring smile. "And no need to call me sir, please, Mr. Kim or Namjoon would be fine."

"Thank you so much, Mr Kim." Jungkook gave a short bow of gratitude even though he was still petrified.

"It's okay, it's no problem really. Fighting!" Namjoon cheered for him, then got ready to leave. "I'll get going, Jungkook, and, Soomi."