8: what yoongi actually said

Yoongi was standing by the door with a morbid look on his face. As he took a seat beside me, his muscles relaxed and his face became nonchalant again.

"You're wrong," he told Namjoon and then turned to me.

"I don't like you that way."

He was staring right into my eyes and those eyes of his weren't saying anything. I blinked fast, looking away to break off our staring competition but I couldn't say a word.

"But you said she was your type!" Namjoon sounded frustrated as he yelled aloud.

"Did I?" Yoongi shrugged. "I thought I'd said, 'she's low-key my kind.' Have I ever said that to anyone before?"

"Y-you did?" Namjoon looked like he was struck by an asteroid.

"That means I'm not interested in being friends with anyone. She's the first person I thought would be cool to be friends with, when I first saw her in the cafeteria."

Yoongi again turned to me and looked into my wide eyes. "I think you misinterpreted what I said. No, he did that." He pointed to Namjoon.

"And why would I like you? Aren't you a lesbian?" He added.

"What makes you think I'm a lesbian?"

Namjoon was trying to say something but I stopped him by throwing a question at Yoongi.

"Everything?" Yoongi cocked an eyebrow. "At first look you would seem like a normal tomboy but by observing closer you're definitely a lesbian."

"Elaborate," I demanded with sheer curiosity. Now I was actually eager to know why he thought that.

"The other day you saved that girl out of nowhere and in such a heroic way, it almost looked like you were trying to impress the girl."

"So?"

Did I actually look like that?

"And today I saw you sending the entire pride flag, a rainbow heart to a girl. It wouldn't be right to assume she's your girlfriend, she could be a friend. It wouldn't have been right to assume you're a lesbian too but, you don't seem like you are interested in guys. What are you doing in his place early in the morning?"

"I'm only her teacher," Namjoon murmured.

"I'm talking here Namjoon." Yoongi gave him a glare. "So what I was saying, even judging by your outfit, if only your hair was cut short, I'd think you are a pretty guy. Girls your age at least uses some lip tint but you seem like you've never used makeup in your life. It's like the classic lesbian we have in TV showes. You have that aura, I feel it radiating from you. That you want to impress girls."

I waited awhile to see if he would say more, but he was silent so I spoke up, "Are you done?"

"Yeah. I'm tired talking too much." Yoongi made a face like he was annoyed.

"I've never seen him talk this much!" Namjoon said in a puzzled tone.

"I'm asexual." I said out of blue making them both look at me. "I think I am. So you are wrong!"

"Asexual?" Yoongi questioned back, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I clearly haven't gotten any kind of feelings for anyone before. It's true that I like girls and maybe, I wish I could like them that way. I haven't befriended many guys. My brother is only a year older and my mom brought us both up the same way. Probably, that's why I'm boyish."

"I'm sorry for assuming then," Yoongi uttered in a low voice. Even though his facial expression remained the same, his gravelly voice sounded strong and sincere. "I shouldn't have. People often assume I'm gay, and they're right. I honestly thought I found another friend like me here."