22: get to know each other

PARK SOOMI'S POV

"So, why are we here again?" I frowned at Namjoon who was stretching his arms out and yawning. Then I looked at what laid before us, the vast sky and a fragment of the city from above.

We were at Namjoon's place, but on the rooftop. Even though it was quite small in space, there were herbs and flower pots everywhere, and even an old, battered couch left to a side, big enough for three people to sit.

"Your lesson." Namjoon looked at me.

"Are we here to exercise?" I frowned again, not understanding what he was referring to.

I definitely didn't come here at seven freaking AM for a morning exercise.

"Let's sit down first." Namjoon cackled. His brown hair was messy again today, glasses sitting on top of his nose, giving him this nerdy look like always.

It's illegal to look cute like this! And then there's me, I'd look like an old hag If I wore those thick rimmed glasses.

"It's... refreshing." A long sigh escaped my mouth as I took a seat near him on the couch.

"The morning, right? I often come here to see the sunrise!" He beamed excitedly.

I was talking about you, but okay.

"The landlord has a nice taste." Namjoon smiled at me then looked ahead, breathing in the fresh air.

God, I could actually dive in those dimples and get lost.

"Whenever I get stressed I just come here, have a cup of coffee by myself, and I read something. It feels really good." He propped an elbow on his lap and rested his chin on his palm as he observed the landscape of the city outlined down below.

"Is this some kind of a secret hideout? Like you've never told this to anyone before?" I said excitedly, trying to hide my grin.

Namjoon turned his face towards me, his cheek resting on his hand. "Kind of, yeah. You know something Soomi?"

He breathed out, a lopsided smile spreading across the side of his face. "You don't normally kiss someone before you properly get to know them. That's your first lesson."

A blush made its way on my face as soon as he said that. "I— I know you!" I almost yelled out of embarrassment. "But— not really."

Coming to think of it, I'd never asked more questions about his personal life. I didn't even know his birthday, his interests in music, we could forget his zodiac but I'd be curious to learn that too, also if he liked mozzarella sticks or not, because that would be important. I really knew close to nothing.

"Yeah." Namjoon faced ahead. "That's why, let's get to know each other better. Get out of just the teacher student label."

He wanted to know more about me, apart from being his student, and I couldn't help but blush to myself. What was this? I never thought I'd blush so much over a guy ever in my life.

"You do know a lot about me," I piped in. "I mean, I talk all the time and you listen. But I don't know much about you."

"You can ask me any question you want," he said almost immediately. Just a terse eye contact with him and my heart skipped a beat again.

Wow, what was this feeling?

I cleared my throat looking away. "So.., what's expensive girl?"

"What?" Namjoon shouted, eyes pouring out of his socket. "Who told you about that!"

"Yoongi. In your place, remember? Later I asked him what it meant because I was so curious. He said it's kinda like a taboo? And you guys don't talk about it?"