***

"You okay, Scarlett?"

I asked her as we stood seated in the aero plane as which was due to land in Saint Florida. Serena had been quiet since the flight took over. With her dark unreadable expression sealed on her face, I was even afraid to ask her what it was.

"Yes." She answered, "and thanks for the ticket. I'll be sure to pay you when I get back to Florida."

"Just forget about the money," I said, meaning every word, "I'm ready to do anything for you."

"I don't like to be indebted. I'll pay you." She said, not embarrassed at all.

I sighed.

"And you don't have to act like that, Adrian. Just treat me the way you treat everyone." She added, reluctantly.

Our eyes met.

"Scarlett, you are not just anyone... you are... you are..."

My words. They were stuck in my mouth.
She continued to stare at me, her dark brown eyes drawing me in.

"Adrian," she began, "you don't even know me well."

"I'm trying my best to know you. But you wouldn't let me in." I remarked.

She looked down.

"I can't let you in. I promised myself not to let anyone in. And even if I did, you won't get anything from me."

I want you, Scarlett. All of you.

"Why do you say that?" I asked, "you are the most beautiful girl I've ever met."

She didn't blush.

Any other girl would have blushed. But she was different. It wasn't a compliment for her.

She already knew that.

"Adrian, I am not the type of girl you'd want to know. That's why I don't like to see who I am." She began. "And I'm quite broken inside."

"Sometimes," I blurted, "hearts should be broken to know what it is to have them fixed again."

She looked at me, her eyes wide.
I can do it for you.
Just stay with me.
I'll make a new heart for you.

"What about you? Is your heart okay?" She asked me, meekly.

I sighed.

"Actually," I began, "I hadn't quite thought I had a heart until I met you."

So, stay.

We remained silent for a while, gathering our thoughts.

Suddenly Scarlett spoke;

"Adrian?"

"Yes, Scarlett?"

She glimpsed the window and looked at me.