"I don't think I can go on much longer like this. Noah, she-she's my best friend..." As Ash's voice cracks I feel my heart crack aswell, she trails off her sentence and Noah without seconds to spare wraps her in his arms, placing a kiss on her head.

"I know, we all-Addie! You're awake! She's up!" Noah meets my eyes and a grin replaces his tired features, I try to smile back but fail.

The constant pain in my muscles refuses to let me focus or do anything else.

Ash covers her mouth with her hands as pearl shaped tears flow down her cheeks but this time a smile accompanies them.

Caleb stirs beside me, the next second he hastily sits up, alarmed eyes settling on me and my heart completely shatters in pieces when moisture lines those dark eyes, making the astounding strands of hazel and gold stand out.

"Please tell me i'm not dreaming." he whispers in disbelief, moving his hand to tentatively cup my cheek and as soon as his warm hand meets my cheek I lean into the touch, melting in his palm, I close my eyes.

Letting silent tears fall freely.

"You're not dreaming! We have her back! We'll go tell the others." Ash exclaims, pulling Noah out of the room, much to his dismay. Silence envelope the room. A tired sigh leaves my lips.

Gathering all the courage I have, I make a move to apologise for my actions but before I have the chance to do so, Caleb crashes his lips against mine.

I gasp at the gentle yet needy and almost desperate kiss.

The agony in my body numbs until all I feel is his lips moving with mine-the butterflies in my stomach and welcoming tingles causing me to mentally jolt out from my misery.

I can tell he's holding back-making sure not to be too demanding and harsh, I bite his lip-asking for more-ands he obeys immediately by deepening the kiss.

I reciprocate, wanting him to forgive me, wanting him to always be with me and wanting him to be mine and mine alone.

He places a kiss on my forehead, the fatigue visible as the sun on his face and I frown when I look at his slumped shoulders, the light sprinkling of a stubble along his jaw.

He was clearly in need of a good nights sleep.

"I've missed you so much, my Starlight." He mumbles in a hushed tone, smiling at me with sleepy eyes when I caress his face.

I love this man so fucking much.

"I'm here now." I lean forward "How long have I been unconscious?" I ask, lips tugging up because Caleb places another soft kiss against my palm, enveloping it in his warm hand.

"Well, you missed the game and today is Halloween. So two full days." He reveals almost hesitantly, my jaw slackens.

I'd missed the biggest game of the year, but more importantly had he played? As if sensing the upcoming question his lips tug down.

"I didn't want to leave you, whether it be for one hour or one second, but the guys dragged me to the field. Literally." He looks down at our joined hands.

"It's been torturous, watching you lay there unconscious hours on end with nothing I could do to help..I've never felt this type of helplessness and I hated it. Every second." Pain laces each word and tears yet again pool in my eyes.

"I'm so so sorry. I never intended for any of this to happen. I should've been more careful." I whisper, not being able to face him, I look away, the movement causing water droplets to fall on the white cotton sheets "Je suis désolé (I'm sorry)"