Chapter 2 - Going Out Is Fun

Rick Castle's POV

"Surprise, bro!" Javi and Kevin shouted as I walked into my loft.

"What the..?" my gun was up but as soon as I saw my two friends' faces I took it down again. "Haven't I told you a dozen of times not to scare me like that?!" I shouted at them.

They just laughed at me and I sighed, deep.

"You're not going to believe what you've missed" Javi said and counted on his fingers.

"He's been dating this girl, Vanessa, for like what, three weeks?" Kevin rolled his eyes before letting go of an "ouch" when Javi slapped his arm.

"I wanted to tell him myself, jack ass" Javi said angrily and I laughed.

It was good to finally come home. That assignment was one of the toughest in a long time. The guys continued arguing and I settled down in my couch.

"What do you guys say about heading out to a club tonight? We could celebrate for you finally coming home again" Kevin said and I thought about it.

I knew it killed Kevin that I thought for so long but I couldn't help but enjoying letting him wait. That only made my answer more fun.

"Come on, bro, don't leave us hanging" Javi said and I chuckled.

"Sure, what club do you have in mind?" I asked with a smile in my face.

My phone started beeping and I checked the caller ID. It said that there was none so I shushed my friends and answered.

"Castle" I said.

"New job" a robot voice said.

"Who or what" I asked to trigger the robot voice to continue.

"Katherine Beckett, female, location not known" the robot voice said and I sighed.

Why do they always give me the hard ones to track? I asked myself before hanging up the phone.

"New assignment?" Javi asked disappointed.

I looked at the boys and both of them had sad faces, they had missed me. I could see that, and the truth was I had missed them too. So I decided the only fun to do.

"Let's go get some drinks before I return to work" I said with a smile and their faces lit up.

"You sure they won't kill you for that?" Kevin asked and I shook my head.

"They won't, that would mean they lost one of their best agents" I said with a wink and they both laughed.

"You're funny, you know that?" Javi said and I just rolled my eyes, a smile inprinted in my face.

We walked to the club since it wasn't that far to go, plus we all knew we would drink so it would have been meaningless to drive. When we came inside we went directly to the bar and ordered one beer each. We sat down in some couches and the second we got there Javi got a call.

"Esposito" he said and I could immediately and I could see his face turn.

At first I tried not to listen to the conversation but I gave up since my curiousity took over.

"Babe, I'm at a club with my friends, Kevin and Rick. No, I'm not here looking at girls, why would I be that stupid?" Javi said and I focused on the women passing by.

It was a conversation I didn't want to hear the end of. From the way I could see it, the call was the start of a break-up call. She probably never even called him for something else but to break up with him, and when she heard the loud music in the bakground she's now trying to blame it on him.