Chapter 10

JJ's eyes were wide when Morgan opened the door. Her eyes first caught his bloody shirt and then she registered the anger. His voice was raised and his eyes had darkened.

"I..." JJ started, completely caught of guard. "How's Emily?"

Morgan let out a scoff, "Now you care about her, huh? She told you what he had done and you wouldn't believe her."

"He's my husband. He told me they had an affair," JJ tried to defend herself.

"Did you really think that little of your best friend? Emily might be prepared to forgive you, but I sure as hell ain't."

"I came here to see Emily," JJ ignored his harsh words. "Can I come in at least? So we don't disturb the neighbors? "

"The hell you can. I don't want you anywhere near her. I don't want her to get more hurt than she already is."

"Please, I'm sorry... I couldn't have known," JJ tried.

"But she told you. You could've believed her. We both know how hard it is for Emily to open up and when she finally did, her best friend didn't believe her. Do you know what that did to her? Huh? Do you?"

JJ looked down to her feet, "Yeah. I just want to make this right," JJ pleaded, looking up again to meet Morgan's eyes. "Please let me come in to talk to her."

Morgan sighed, irritably, as he opened the door wider to let the blonde in. JJ hesitated for a moment before she stepped inside. Her heartbeat was increasing as she walked through the apartment to the kitchen.

Gulping, her eyes were drawn to the bloody spot Derek was in the process to scrub away. There was no sign of Emily however.

"Where is she?" JJ dared to ask.

"I told her to go to bed," Morgan told her.

JJ nodded. "What happened here?"

"You sure you wanna know?" Morgan asked, still some anger in his voice.

"I need to. I had decided to spend the night at Reid's, but I went home to... To confront him. He arrived home all beaten up and he couldn't meet my eyes. I know I was horrible..."

"Damn right you were! If you would've have just listened to her he wouldn't have come here tonight! When I came..." Morgan paused, taking a deep breath. "He was raping her. She was fucking tied to the kitchen table and he was raping her from behind."

"Oh God." JJ's hand flew to her mouth as tears started rolling down her cheeks.

"It wasn't the first time it happened," Morgan continued. "He's done it four times and we didn't stop it."

JJ shook her head, "Has she gone to the hospital?" JJ met his eyes.

"No, she doesn't want to," Morgan sighed.

"Derek, it doesn't matter what she wants. If he raped her..."

"Not 'if'! He did rape her," Morgan snapped at her.

"I know, I'm sorry," JJ apologized quickly. "He did and she needs to get help. They need to take a look at her."

"Be my guest and try to persuade her," Morgan gestured towards the stairs.

JJ looked at where Morgan motioned, scared about what Emily would think about seeing her after everything she said. Morgan did say that Emily might have forgiven her, but JJ probably wouldn't have if she was in Emily's place. How bad had Will hurt her if she was so quick to forgive? JJ wasn't sure if she dared to see her friend like that.
She felt guilty for letting it happen. Both the first and the last. She knew now that he had raped her at their house the first time. In the room right next to her own.