Chapter 24

Her own scream echoed through her ears. The other woman, the brunette, was silent. Her stomach was turning red, the blood oozing out of the fresh bullet wound. On her face they could at first read shock and then fear. JJ was sure she saw fear in her friend's brown orbs. Fear of leaving the earth. Fear of leaving them with a monster.

If Emily had her hands free she would have reached down to place a hand over the hole in her body, try to stop the bleeding, but when she tried doing that the thorns dug deeper into her flesh. She wasn't sure if the bullet had gone straight through or if it was buried inside her. The only think she couls feel right now was the pain from it. Emily had been shot before, but the pain didn't feel as intense as now. And she had more to lose now.

The blonde had a hand clamped over her mouth so another scream wouldn't slip past her lips. Or her sobbing because tears were streaming down her face already. This wasn't supposed to happen. They would both stay alive for a long time and they would either be found or break out from this place on their own. No one was supposed to die.

Seconds felt like an eternity and she finally ran up to her friend, doing what the older woman couldn't, letting her own hand turn red. JJ had to stop the bleeding, to fight death.

"No, Em... Don't do this too me," she begged, looking up at Emily who was trying to stay awake... Alive. "I can't do this without you." She cried and didn't realize that Will had left the room and them come back with a rug that would help him to dispose of the body.

She turned around, startled, when he put a hand on her shoulder. "You can let go, baby. We will be better off without her," he said in a too soft tone as if he hadn't been the one to shoot her. It sent shivers down her spine. JJ had asked herself how things got this wrong so many times during the last couple of days. Was Will this way when they first met in New Orleans? Or was it the fear of losing his family that made him ruthless. A part of her wished that they never met, but another part would never trade her kids away for anything.

"She still has a chance... Please... Drop her off at a hospital," she pleaded with him, looking right into his eyes, hoping he'd show some mercy.

"No, she got what she deserved," he almost spat.

The brunette was losing consciousness no matter how much she tried to stay awake. It was impossible. Her head lulled to the side, back and forth, her breathing shallow.

While the blonde sat on the cold cement floor, her tears never stopping, Will took off the barbed wire around Emily's hands, letting her slump to the floor. Her wrists were bleeding and there was no way Emily could survive this... Right? She was still breathing, but for how long?

"Go upstairs and check on the kids, Jennifer. You can say goodbye," he said and crossed his arms, watching as JJ leaned forward to give her friend a goodbye kiss.

When she had whispered something to Emily, she stood up on shaky legs and started to walk up the stairs. Will shook his head and grabbed Emily's body. He put her on an beautiful, ancient rug that was just a little dusty. Carefully, he started rolling the mat, making sure it was tight so she wouldn't fall out of it. He quickly grabbed a rope and tied it around the rug to secure it. Perfect.

He stood back to admire the handiwork for a moment before lifting her up in his arms. The man walked up from the basement and walked out of the house, placing her in the back of the truck. It was still daylight outside, but he couldn't wait to get rid of the body. He drove for maybe 45 minutes before he stopped at the edge of a forest. Will knew that if he followed the trail he would come to a lake. And that lake was perfect for dropping off a dead body.

The sun was about to set as he finally grabbed Emily's body and began walking toward the water. It only took him six minutes and he stopped to watch the peacefulness of the lake and the forest surrounding it. Maybe he should have some sort of funeral for her, say something. Throwing her body into the water as if it was trash just felt wrong.

"So here we are..." He began speaking to her body. "I never thought things would end this way. I really did enjoy our time together, but I need to think about my family now. They need me and I need you." He put a hand on the rug. "You will be happier this way. Being a whore wasn't easy for you. Now you can go in peace" He smiles and looks out over the lake again. Yes, this was the perfect place to rest. She would really like it there.

As he was thinking, he suddenly heard some loud music getting closer and then voices; laughing, shouting and talking. There was no time to put rocks in the rug, go out into the water and drop the dead body. Instead he threw her into the water, as far as he could, and went back in another direction, not caring about all the twigs he broke. They wouldn't hear him with their loud music. They would soon find the brunette though so he needed to be out of there before they called the cops.

He was back in his car in no time and just before he entered his vehicle he could hear a loud scream, no doubt from a woman. Yes, they had found her body and as he drove away he thought he could hear sirens in the distance.

A smile crept upon his face. It didn't matter now because she was dead and he and Jennifer would finally be happy together without some bitch to pull her back.