Chapter 17: Haunting Past

Start from the beginning

Surprisingly, the monotony of his morning routine did wonders on calming him down. By the time he left his room, his mood was mildly uplifted and he had a slight smile on his face. He had to make sure there was no trace on his expression to give away the fact that he just had a nightmare. Danny knew that with the slightest slip, Vlad would be onto him instantly and would kick into overprotective father mode.

Danny walked out of the common room and saw a figure waiting for him. No prize for guessing who it was.

"Are you ready for the first day of class, Daniel?" His father was proudly dressed in the green and gold teaching robes he had bought from Madam Malkin's.

Danny gave him an unimpressed look. "Did you sneak into my room last night?"

Not abashed at all, the older halfa gave a large grin. "I believe I mentioned specifically that I will resume my early morning paybacks once you were settled in." He replied smugly.

"How did you even get in? Wait, you have intangibility... Forget I even asked." Danny grumbled and made a move to walk away.

"For your information, I used the door this time," Vlad called, causing Danny to pause in his step.

"Wait, the Vlad Masters actually used the door for once?" Danny said incredulously. He laughed, then frowned. "I thought I set a password on the door."

"Jazz." Vlad simply stated.

"Wha- How did you know!?" Danny jolted back, afraid that Vlad somehow managed to become a mind reader overnight.

"If it's anything like the passwords you use for your laptop at home, it is fairly easy to guess. Seriously Daniel, cujo8u?"

Danny crossed his arms with a frown. "It's funny. Besides, you're one to talk Mr. MaddieMasters for his work computer. By the way, eww." Danny shuddered to emphasize his point.

Vlad actually had the decency to blush. "I will have you know my personal computer is much more secure."

Danny gave Vlad a deadpan expression, "Let me guess, DanielMasters?"

.

.

.

They stared at each other for a moment. Without a word, Vlad turned sharply on his heels and stalked out.

"Hey! Did I get it right?" Danny called after him, only to cause the man to angrily quicken his pace. The younger halfa dissolved into laughter. Another point for him on the Danny VS Vlad PWNAGE board.

This was the scene Draco walked into as he made his way to breakfast: Danny leaning himself up against the wall as he laughed hysterically with not another person in sight.

"Did I miss something?"

-PotC-

Since they were heading to the same place anyway, Danny and Draco walked through the dungeons together and up the stone staircase to the Great Hall. Danny caught a glimpse of a familiar trio heading in their direction. "Can you go on ahead? I will meet you there later."

"Sure, I will save you a seat."

"Thanks." Draco simply grunted and headed inside the door.

Danny didn't have to wait long before Hermione spotted him, Harry and Ron soon followed her.

Danny gave a friendly smile to the group and a nod of greeting to Hermione. He was not surprised to see that she was carrying a copy of their assigned book for DADA, Voyages with Vampires, most likely to read during breakfast. "I didn't see you guys at the Sorting, but I'm glad you were able to make it."