Chapter 17: Haunting Past

I'm finally back with another chapter! I took a break to get settled in with my first semester of college but then I got slammed with so many essays that I kind of lost my motivation to write for a while. Now I'm fired up and ready to write again.

-PotC-

Previously:

Draco smirked, "Trust me for now, there's more to him than meets the eye and I intend to find out what. Besides, why would a Masters adopt a mere nobody as his heir? There has to be something special about him."

-PotC-

Danny couldn't see where he was going. Inky darkness was all that surrounded him as he walked in a seemingly random direction. A low hum droned, breaking the hanging silence. Danny glanced around to find the source of the noise, but it was impossible for him to tell. He couldn't pinpoint the exact direction it came from as the sound seemed to be coming from everywhere at once.

Deciding to ignore the humming sound for now, he continued on his way. It got slightly brighter the farther he went, he could now see that he was in some sort of tunnel. A metallic clank echoed with every step he took, whatever he was in must be man-made.

Blindly groping around for his surroundings, he settled his palm against what he thought was a wall. He breathed a small sigh of relief and relaxed as he found his bearing and leaned his weight against it. His hand felt a slight shift beneath it and the distinct CLK made him tense with dread.

His unease heightened when the continuous humming suddenly switched to a high-pitched whine, quickly building in intensity.

Before he could even make a move to run, there was a flash of blinding light, screams tore from his throat, then a rush of pain, pain, pain, painpainpainPainPainPainPAINPAINPAINPAINPAINPAIN!

-PotC-

Danny pulled himself up with a gasp. Rapidly blinking his eyes in an effort to comfort his fear-raddled mind, he tried to recognize where he was. His frantic beating heart finally calmed when he saw that he wasn't trapped in the metal portal anymore. Seeing the room he was in, he finally registered where he was: in the bedroom of his Hogwarts dorm.

Releasing his vice grip hold on his covers, he reached a trembling hand to his head and let out a shaky breath. "Get a hold of yourself, it was just a nightmare. I'm not trapped in the Ghost portal anymore."

He shivered as he could still vividly recall the immense pain he felt when the volts of electricity coursed through his body. It was a memory of the moment when he half-killed himself and the day he lost everything. What a great way to start the first day of class.

"You're mine now, Ghost-child!" The ever-annoying clock violently shook on the bedside dresser, screaming loudly for his attention.

"Again? I swear I left it behind! This is going to get old soon..." He glared at the screeching clock on his desk, he was so not in the mood to deal with Vlad's pranks today.

Deciding to go for a more permanent solution to get rid of the clock and vent out his current stress, he pointed a finger at the device and blew it to bits with a well-aimed ectobeam. He sighed tiredly at the scorch mark, the dark splotch was a clearly noticeable contrast to the reddish-brown mahogany wood, knowing that it will most likely be a permanent addition to his desk. "Freakin Vlad..."

He reasoned that he might as well get out of bed and dressed since there's no way he would be getting any more sleep. He didn't want to risk another nightmare, not with the dreaded memory of the accident lingering in his mind. He pulled himself out of bed, making sure to take his sweet time.