Chapter 13: Heritage

Previously:

"That is acceptable. Please wait here while I bring Daniel."

-PotC-

Danny was currently in the training room practicing his meditation and breathing exercises he learned from Frostbite.

He had been introduced to the denizens of the Far Frozen the day before and was a little overwhelmed with all the attention and praise they gave him. Although he felt honored by the yeti-like ghosts, he was honestly uncomfortable with being revered and called the "Great One" by so many ghosts. Heck, they even had an entire cave made depicting all his heroic actions he had accomplished.

Of course, the Fruitloop greatly enjoyed his discomfort at the situation and leaped at the chance to tease and poke fun at his reactions. It wasn't until Vlad annoyed him enough and Danny's eyes glowed a fierce green (in what Vlad later dubbed 'the scary eyes') did the older halfa finally stop in his mocking jest. But not without a final, "Okay I will stop, Great One." Danny could only mumble an exasperated retort back.

He had a good time in the Ghost Zone, even if the last conversation he had with Frostbite was unsettling.

-PotC-

"Great One, are you truly happy being under the tutelage of Plasmius?" Frostbite suddenly asked Danny. Danny was currently sparring with the larger ghost (he was restricted in only being allowed to use his new ice abilities until he became more accustomed to releasing his ecto-ice reflexively) and was caught off guard by the sudden question. He was slammed with a powerful blast to the gut and fell into the soft snow drift, creating a humanoid indention in the snow. Frostbite helped pull him back to his feet.

"Yeah, he may look all 'villainy' and evil at first, but he really is a nice guy. I mean he took me in and everything when I had nothing left after losing my family. I guess you can say he is the best thing that ever happened to me since the accident. Why do you ask?" Danny brushed off the snow in his hair before looking back up at the large yeti ghost.

"I see. It is just that I wanted to warn you that Plasmius is more than he seems and is hiding plenty of secrets. But it seems to me that I have nothing to worry about."

"Thanks for the thought but you have no need to worry. Right now, it's more to the point that Vlad is being unreasonable with his over protectiveness. He won't even let me leave the mansion unless it's for training or if I'm with him. Besides, everyone keeps secrets and more importantly, I trust Vlad. I guess it would be more accurate to say, he's the only one I can trust. What brought this on, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Seeing you and Plasmius interact is really heartwarming to see. It relieves me to know that he was being truthful when he said that the Great One was truly staying with him willingly as his son. When your father first came to us seeking our help, I didn't know what to think at first. Honestly, I thought for sure he was another ghost after the Infi-map. He is known throughout the ghost zone for having a massive following of ghosts under his service-"

"Daniel! Come on, it's time for us to leave." Vlad called.

"Coming!" Danny shouted out. Danny turned back to Frostbite, "It was nice talking with you, Frostbite, but I have to go now before the Cheesehead blows a gasket, him being all uptight with his schedule and all."