Chapter 2: Gone

Author's Note 2:

Before we begin with the next chapter, I want to clear some confusion. This is an AU (Alternate Universe) so Danny's family and friends died when he got his powers. Danny is not as strong as he is in the TV series. This because he is 12 and is still learning to use his powers (He only knows how to use the basic powers so far), but don't worry he will learn the rest as the story progresses. Also, this was probably one of the hardest chapters I have ever written. I apologize beforehand for the long dialogue, but I thought it necessary. Now that that's out of the way, enjoy!

-PotC-

"Hey Mom, Dad, Jazz, Sam, and Tuck. It's been 2 years since you left and a year since I last visited. I'm sorry I wasn't able to come back as frequently as I used to, I have been busy lately." Danny awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck.

"So... I don't know if I'm doing this right but Vlad told me I should try talking to you guys this time...Supposedly it's going to make me "feel better", Danny scrunched his fingers in mock air-quotes, "I think that's just a load of bull. I bet Vlad is just tired of seeing me wallow in despair." He gave a small chuckle, "I guess the Cheesehead can be thoughtful sometimes... He even let me come alone to give me some privacy."

Danny took a deep breath, "Well, I still can't stop missing you guys. No matter how much time passes, it still hurts... Dad, I want to go fishing with you again, I would even listen to you blather on about ghosts. Mom, I miss the cookies you would make (even if they did come alive occasionally) and I sometimes imagine you in the kitchen welcoming me home from school." His throat caught but he continued on, "I used to be embarrassed whenever you would hug and kiss me... but I never really hated it. I would give anything to feel your embrace again..."

"Jazz, I never did get the chance to tell you 'Thanks for watching my back.' Yeah, you can be annoying sometimes with your over-protectiveness but I knew you really cared. You would have had a ball if you were to psychoanalyze me now. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I want you to if it meant I could hear you again."

"Tuck, my man, it's not the same without you. I miss seeing you on your PDA typing away madly or spouting lame one-liners to get girls... even the corny jokes you cracked to get my mind off things. Remember the time you tried to be my wingman but instead scared all the girls away with that foul smelling cologne you made. Will you believe me if I told you that Valerie liked you. Yeah, that Valerie. She really got hit hard with your death."

"Sam...I don't know if you knew but I kind of had a crush on you. I can't believe how clueless I was to not know what I had until the day I lost you. You weren't like the other shallow girls who only cared about their looks. Instead, you hid the fact that your family was rich so that you wouldn't be included with the petty A-list. You'd rather see how people really thought of you than the false flattery for your money. You were headstrong and were never afraid to fight for what you believed in. You had such a big heart and cared about all life, no matter what they were. That was the reason you became a vegetarian. I still remember how you freed the class pet to return it to the wild. When adults would try and push their views on you were never afraid to rebel against them. You shocked your parents when you became Goth to demonstrate your defiance to them. You were a strong, independent rebel, never afraid to stand for what's right. You were the one who gave me the idea to fight and I hope you are proud of what I do now..."

"Dad, mom, do you remember the Ghost Portal you were working on...the one that was supposed to punch a hole into the ghost zone and open a doorway between the land of the living and dead. It was my fault that it exploded and k-killed you... I should have listened to you when you told me not to enter the lab, that it was dangerous!"