Chapter 14: Wands

Previously:

"I have not told you everything yet, and I probably never will. For if I did, you'll leave me and I can't have that."

-PotC-

Warning: You may try what you read here at home kids... But I am not responsible for the aftermath. Enjoy~ Mwah ha ha.

-PotC-

Rubbing his hands together, the figure let out an evil cackle. He still had a bunch of work to do before the night was up.

An electric razor whirled to life and glowing eyes allowed him to see perfectly in the darkness. Pouring the shaven hair into a container of bleach, he left it to soak.

Sneaking into the kitchen, he found what he was looking for. A small box and a nice big jar of hot peppers. A crazed smile spread across the boy's face as he chuckled gleefully. "Perfect~"

He carefully smeared the juice on all the door handles of the mansion, making sure to thoroughly wash it off his hands when he was done. Next, he grabbed several large bags of fluffy white balls and a bucket of water. Flying invisible, he stealthy made his way towards the garage. Once there, he submerged the items into the water and began to stick them onto his target. When he placed the last one, he used his ice powers to cool the air and speed up the process.

Retrieving the container of bleach, he drained out all the fluid till only his precious goodies were left. He chopped the hair into fine pieces so that it was only barely noticeable to the eye if one were to actively search for it. Careful not to wake the unaware sleeping man, he strategically scattered the powder in the drawers and wardrobe.

The traps were all set.

"Now to wait for the prey." The boy let out a malicious chuckle as he rubbed his hands together evilly. If anyone was there to witness the plotting child, they would have fled the room swiftly in fear.

-PotC-

Danny was sleeping peacefully in his bed. The soft morning sunlight was streaming in from the cracks of the curtains onto his face. He squinted his eyes tighter but otherwise made no move to get out of bed. A couple of terse knocks sounded from the other side of his door.

"Young master, it is time for you to wake up." Ferdinand's bored voice called.

"Five more minutes..." Danny drowsily mumbled out. He turned, pulling his covers along with him. Once he was comfortable, he drifted back to dreamland.

-PotC-

Vlad wasn't having the best of mornings.

He was vexed and more paranoid than usual. The past few days have been rough for him. He was being dogged by a streak of bad luck and he is damn sure it wasn't a mere coincidence. What was more troubling, he had an odd persistent feeling of trepidation that the worst was yet to come.

Vlad spotted his servant, Ferdinand standing idle out in the hall. "What seems to be the problem?"

"Good morning, Master." The ghost bowed, "Young master Daniel refuses to wake up."

Vlad smiled in understanding, "I got this, go prepare for today's trip."

Hearing confirmation that the ghost understood his order, Vlad turned the door handle and walked in. His lips quirked upward at the sight. The boy was snuggled up in his bed snoring softly without a care in the world, evident by the peacefully content expression.