Chapter 11: Dursleys

Previously:

"Then you will be coming with me to the Dursley's house."

-PotC-

As the day neared the appointed time for the dinner party with the Dursleys, Danny dressed in his formal attire. Since the dinner was purely for professional purposes and Danny was attending as Vlad's heir, he had to dress to reflect positively on Vlad's image.

This party was important because it was a way for Vlad to assess the other company's business potential. If everything went smoothly, Vlad would gain a new business partnership and a large order of drills to be used for Dalv co.

Vlad was already waiting for him at the front hall, the man eyed him appraisingly then grunted in approval.

"Are you ready?" Vlad asked the younger halfa, Danny nodded and walked out to the limousine with Vlad. Carlos respectfully greeted them and helped the two inside, "Where to, sir?"

"Take us to 4 Privet Drive in Little Whinging, Surrey."

-PotC-

The two halfas made their way to the front porch of a small suburban house. There was nothing really particular or different about the plain house, it looked the same as all the others on the street of Privet Drive. Vlad was glaring balefully at the building with distaste, clearly, the place was not up to his standards.

Danny was fidgeting nervously next to Vlad, tugging at his sleeves and fiddling with his tie, "Is this the place?" Now that they arrived, the boy wasn't really sure on how he should properly act at the party. Cool and composed or easy-going and pleasant.

Vlad nodded, he then turned to Danny and fixed the boy's crooked necktie. The man glanced at his watch, "Are you ready?"

Danny let out a small huff to calm his nerves, he straightened his posture and clasped his hands firmly behind his back. The younger halfa fixed his face to the Masters' signature mask, one that hid all his intent and emotions for the purpose of intimidation, it came so naturally to him that it made Vlad proud.

Pleased with the boy, Vlad's mouth quirked upwards slightly before it quickly vanished as he assumed his own mask.

The air of power and superiority was so tangible, it appeared to roll off the two halfas in waves as Vlad rang the doorbell. A faint frantic shuffle can be heard from inside as the inhabitants hurriedly got themselves situated to greet their guests.

Due to Danny's advanced hearing, he heard a low hushed voice threaten, "Remember, boy- one sound-" before the door was swung open.

Danny blinked at the massive boy at the door. The tubby kid was so fat, that his dress jacket was pinched tightly together and appeared to be on the verge of ripping at the seams. His neck was virtually indistinguishable from his rolls of fat and made the boy's round head look as though it was balanced on his plump body. His face was tinged pink as though he overexerted himself by merely walking to the door.

The larger, portly man behind the boy wasn't much better off either. The black bow tie he wore seem to be almost suffocating him as it was snug tightly around the folds of his neck. The man had a bushy, black mustache and his small, beady eyes were scrunched in the effort to be a welcoming smile. To Danny, the man only managed to pull off the look as though he was in great pain or constipated with the slight shade of purple his face was turning. If Danny had to describe the man with one word; "walrus" fit the man perfectly.

Danny had to gulp down his grimace when the man wrung his meaty hands together and hungrily looked at the two halfas as though they were a slab of juicy steak, beady eyes gleaming in anticipation of an easy score of the billionaire's money.