First Experiences

Voilaaa! I uploaded again : D I really hope you like this chapter, it was more of a filler, but you should still like it. Please vote and comment. Tell me what you think and how I can improve. Thanks guyss <3

Pic of the lake over there >>>>>

I woke up cold and disoriented.  I blinked a few times and looked around me. The sun was coming up on the horizon in the East so, that meant it was early morning, too early.  Birds were chirping too loudly and there was a light breeze causing the old, withered leaves of the tree to fall to the ground.

   I groaned and pulled away from the hard tree branch I was apparently hugging. I remembered falling asleep on Adrien. How had he managed to get me off him and climb down the tree without me even noticing? That must have been some maneuvering he did. I most likely missed his body heat and tried hugging the tree for warmth. A purr formed in the back of my throat. He was so comfortable and warm.

 My eyes opened wide and I smacked myself on the head. ‘You slept on a boy, what in the name of Jesu is wrong with you Cathy?’

   I made a mental note not to fall for any of his tricks. That boy was bad. I just knew it. A shrill voice inside my head scolded me for being so paranoid. I ignored it. Everyone had a secret, some, bigger ones than others. Adrien wasn’t exempted from that rule.

   Where was Adrien anyway? I looked at the ground near the large, bulging roots of the tree and saw him coming towards it with a bag that was overflowing with berries. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn’t having one of those mirages that weary travelers would have in the deserts. Where did he find it? Oh God I missed food.

   He tilted his head up and saw me looking down at him.

   “Ah, the princess is finally awake. I had to struggle to get you off me when you were sleeping,” he smiled and winked at me.

   A light blush rose high on to my cheeks at the thought.

   “I was just really drained, okay? Don’t flatter yourself,” I whisper-yelled, a bit annoyed at him.

   “Righttt,” he dragged the word, ”Whatever you say, princess.”

   I looked down at the berries again and my stomach growled. It would take me forever to climb down such a tall tree to get to them and I didn’t have that kind of patience right now.

   Adrien saw my predicament and rested the bag of berries on the ground. He opened his arms wide indicating for me to jump.

   I scoffed at him.

   “You’re nuts, are you trying to get me killed?”

   “Nope I’m trying to save you from starving to death, now come on don’t be scared, I’ll catch you. I promise.” 

   He seemed serious enough. I trepidatiously stood up on the branch and watched how it would adjust to my movement.

   I closed my eyes and jumped. I could feel my hair lifting from my face and at points tickling my cheeks. The friction from the air made my skin tingle. It was quite exhilarating. It only lasted a few seconds before I landed in something firm yet comfortable.

    I opened one eye, just to make sure I wasn’t dead. I was expecting to see angels and hear beautiful singing, but instead I only saw Adrien’s perfect face looking down at me.

    “You okay?” He asked, actually sounding worried.

    I simply nodded, unable to form any words. I was cuddled up against his chest and my legs were bent over his arms. His hands cradled my back and legs. I was taking pleasure in how close we are until he set me down. I tried not to show my disappointment. The last thing he needed was a reason to be cocky.