Chapter 1: The Coronation

I don't own anything except any original/own characters and any original plot.

💫

Chapter 1- The Coronation

💫

Puente Antiguo, New Mexico2011

2011

Jane Foster flipped a few switches on her equipment, excitement filling her as she climbed up through the skylight of her car, setting up her equipment. Erik Selvig soon climbed up next to her to assist. The two looked up at the sky in anticipation.

"Wait for it," Jane prompted.

"Can I turn the radio on?" Darcy Lewis, Jane's intern, asked.

"No," Jane said immediately.

"Jane, you can't keep doing this," Selvig sighed.

Jane shook her head in disbelief, "The last seventeen occurrences have been predictable to the second."

"Jane, you're an astrophysicist, not a storm chaser."

"I'm telling you, there's a connection between these atmospheric disturbances and my research." Jane checked a few things on her computer, "I'm telling you Erik I wouldn't ask you to fly out here if I wasn't absolutely sure."

"Jane," Darcy called, "I think you want to see this."

Jane and Selvig looked out the window in shock. There was a blue circle resembling light shining through the clouds.

"What is that?" Jane questioned, going up to the skylight again.

"I thought you said it was a subtle aurora."

"Go!" Jane ordered, ducking down into the van.

Darcy sped off towards the bright light, feeling skeptical, "Get closer, yeah good one."

"Go," Jane rolled her eyes, pulling out a video camera to film what was happening.

As they got closer a loud bang resounded through the air. What seemed to be a tornado touched down. Darcy swerved the car, turning it around.

"What are you doing?" Jane asked in a panic.

"I am not dying for six college credits."

Jane grabbed the wheel, turning it back to the strange phenomenon. Thunder clapped. Jane and Darcy screamed as two figures were seen through the car window. Before they could stop, the figures were hit.

Strangely, the car was stopped abruptly, suddenly, without anyone pressing the break.
The three got out of the car immediately. Running to the figures, a woman and a man.

"Legally that was your fault," Darcy yelled.

"Get the first aid kit," Jane bent down to the figures, "Do me a favor and don't be dead, please." She looked around for a car or anything, "Where did they come from?"