Chapter 24: The Heart That Notice

Start from the beginning

As his eyes continue to watch me he clear his throat as he fix his book strap from his left shoulder and said, “Just wanted to know if you were here.”

“Well, I am here.” I said as I smile up at him.

“Yeah.” he said as he looked down then kick a rock off the ground while playing with his car eyes single handed. “Okay, so I’ll see you later.”

“Okay.”

“Okay.” he said once more then turn and walked away without looking back.

I sigh as I stare at him leaving then once he was out of sight I turn back to my friends who were watching me curiously.

“What?”

“It’s there something wrong?” Kate asked as she lift her eyebrows in wonder.

I thought about it for a minute. “I don’t know.” I shrugged.

Her eyes fell then came to me. “It’s Blake no happy with your choice of date to the dance.” she guessed and I feel my eyes widen in surprise that left me in shock and they knew immediately.

“He is not, is he?” Cassie asked intrigue at the subject as she lean forward.

“No, he is disappointed.” I confess as I recall his exact words.

“Aww.” Cassie said with happy bright smile.

“Well he has a right to be. Austin is a stranger to you.”

“No he is not.” I said immediately defending him on instinct.

“Yes he is.” Kate said then point out, “What do you know about him? Tell us.”

I thought about it but came up blank. I didn’t know anything about Austin.

“Well, he is a friend, isn’t he? He has been helping us with the dance and all.” I clarified honestly.

“Okay, but other than that do you really know him? Do you know things like his favorite color, or where do he lives?”

“No.” I said while shaking my head then brush my hair away from my face.

“So there. He does have a reason to worry and be disappointed.” Kate said in honesty as the bell ring loudly signaling that classes were about to begin for the day.

I pick up my book bag and book then dump the plastic container on the trash and started to head toward class along with them.

“Okay. So maybe I will have a chance to get know Austin in the next couple of days.” I said deciding already.

“The dance is this Friday.” Cassie said as a reminder with a still happy expression.

“I know.” I said as I thought about it then I remember the news that my mom deliver to me this morning. I was going to stay at Blake’s house for the weekend while she goes on her business trip this weekend. I tried to talk to her out of it insisting that John was the best option for me but then drop it when she told me that John was busy with exams this weekend and couldn’t make it.

“What’s wrong?” Kate asked suspiciously as she stare at me as she lean close to me.

“I..umm nothing.”

“Are you sure?” she insisted.

I nodded my head not trusting my mouth to say the words out loud. How was I going to tell my friends that I was going to stay at Blake’s house over the weekend? It was something unordinary.

***

Blake’s Pov

As I stare deep into space in my second period class which was Anatomy, I couldn’t help but think of Holly and that stupid bastard Austin going to the dance and dancing and touching. I moan in frustration softly then lay my head against my book as I stare out of the window. I also knew something was off. Ever since I first met Austin he reminded me of someone, someone I have met but I couldn’t place him anywhere. Jesus Christ, I really do have a bad memory with people, guys and girls alike, I confirmed as I search my brain for answers but none of them came. I sigh then brush my hair out of my eyes as I notice it bothering me.