Twilight 6

Twilight 6

It was about a month after Bella had first come to Forks and as far as Winny could tell, Bella wasn't unhappy living with them. Winny was working to lock her bike up when the incident happened. One second her frozen fingers were working on the lock that would keep her bike in place until she returned to it at the end of the school day and the next second she heard screeching tires. Winny's head whipped up just in time to see Tyler lose control of his truck and go siding in the direction of her sister's truck. Normally that wouldn't have been a bad thing because Winny knew for sure that the truck was built like a brick, but Bella was standing right where the van and the truck would collide.

Winny knew she felt herself scream her sister's name. They had been in the same room now for a month and it had become obvious Bella didn't think much of her, but she was still Winny's sister. As she watched on in horror, Winny saw Edward Cullen disappear from where he had been standing beside his siblings and reappear beside Bella. Then the two of them disappeared between Tyler's van an Bella's truck. Winny's ears rang.

Winny's knees gave out from underneath her a second after it happened, after she had processed what she had just seen. She would have hit the ground if not for a pair of strong arms catching her around her waist and pulling her back to her feet.

"Woah," Winny heard someone say from what sounded like a great distance. She could hardly hear it over the ringing. "Are you okay?"

Winny didn't, couldn't, answer the voice. Her eyes were glued to Tyler's van the same way a bystander's eyes were glued to a train wreck. The sight was so awful her mind couldn't process it until something popped out from between the van and the truck. Edward's coppery curls shown as he and a pale figure stood and were hauled out from between the two cars. Winny's knees collapsed again as she recognized the awkward, pale figure of her sister as she was carried away from the scene of the accident and put on the ground by the curb. Winny's ears stopped ringing just in time for her to hear what the person holding her said next.

"-you in shock?" she was able to guess enough from the last half of the sentence that they were asking about her well being. Winny forced some starch into her knees and pulled away from the stranger holding her up.

"I'm fine-" her voice was weak when she turned around to thank the person. Then it got weaker as she realised it had been Jasper Cullen, brother to Bella's savior, who had been asking. After a second of shock she forced herself to calm down and reiterate. "I'm fine."

Jasper looked into Winny's eyes for a long second, as if gauging if she was telling the truth, before he spun around and marched off to where his siblings were waiting for him.

The ambulance arrived and Winny shook off the rest of her shock, got on her bike, and rode to the hospital as fast as she could.