New Moon 6

New Moon 6

"Billy, Alice is back, Edward is in danger, and she and Bella are going to Italy. If dad asks I, and only I, am spending a couple days down on the reservation to cool off because Bella screamed at me."

"I can't let you just waltz off to Italy, into a den full of vampires. Human munchers."

"If Bella dies, my father will be crushed. And she's incapable of intelligent thought. Her best chance is if I go with her and besides that, they have a no human knowing the secret and a mind reader. If I don't go to them on my terms, they can come here and the whole town will be in danger."

"Still-"

"You know I have to do it. Just tell Charlie that I'm at your house,"

"and me too-" Bella cut in and Winny glared at her.

"Bella's in charge of her own lie."

"Bitch," Bella glared right back from her place on the front seat of Alice's car.

"What if you die?"

"Then I'll ask the blood suckers to send me back and you can lay my body out in the woods, like I was attacked by that animal from a year ago."

"I don't like this."

"I know. Neither do I."

"Come home to us."

"I'll try."

*******

"And who is this Lavender scented beauty?" Aro asked, suddenly right in front of Winny and offering her his hand. He turned to grin evilly at Alice. "Number two, naughty naughty."

Bella was beside Alice, and Winny was here specifically to keep the attention off of Bella, so Winny stepped forward and took Aro's big cold hand into hers.

"My name is Winny, and I'm Bella's sister." Winny introduced herself while Aro's eyelids fluttered. Every memory she had was being played in his head with perfect clarity, and he was entranced by the show. After a long moment, longer than it had ever taken him to look over a human's memories, he opened his eyes again and grinned like a child in a candy store.

"Magnifico," He murmured breathlessly, without warning pulling Winny to his side, still hand in hand, and walked the two of them to stand in front of Edward, Alice and Bella.

The entire moment had been listened to by Edward, and the bronze haired boy had been entranced as well. He still was as he watched Aro purposefully place Winny in a position of power, right at his side. In fact, Aro was clutching at Winny's hand like it was a life line, and showing no intention of letting go.

"Now what are we to do with you naughty rule breakers?" Aro asked, then cocked his head as he listened to Winny's thought. "Why would I do that, Winifred?" Another head tilt. "I see. So Bella will become one of us. Alice has seen it."

Bella's face twisted.

"Who told you?" She snarled at her sister, showing her ugly side and taking a threatening step towards Winny. Bella was blocked by Felix and Demetri.

"You did, my dear Bella," Aro chuckled, cocking his head to the side once again. "It seems your beloved Edward is not the only one to notice that you talk in your sleep."

Bella frowned, as did Edward. He'd known Winny had seen him basically transport in her dull human vision over to her sister. And after he had confronted her in the library, he hadn't read it on her mind afterwards.

Aro chuckled once again, and grinned lazily down at the Forks native.

"He does look confused, doesn't he Winny darling."

Through the entire encounter, Alice kept silent as she, and sometimes Edward when he could tear his attention away from the strange sight of the Volturi leader trying to make friends with the human sister of his human mate, watched the future shift in their favor.

"So it seems," Aro said, "That Edward," his head tilted and he corrected himself, "Alice, has every intention of turning little Bella and that there is no longer a problem with them. You on the other hand..."

The hand Aro wasn't using to connect him to Winny's thoughts went up to stroke one of her freckled cheeks.

"You know our secret as well, though I am reluctant to kill such a rarity."

Winny saw Felix and Demetri shift their weight so they were now prepared to leap at Winny. One of them could have taken her down easily, so them both preparing was almost ridiculous. Winny was silent, mentally telling Aro that she awaited his decision.

Thankfully Alice took that as her cue to step forward and tell the room what she had seen.

"Winny will be like one of us too. I just saw a glimpse of it," she offered her hand to Aro, who looked reluctant to release Winny, and Bella's head whipped to stare incredulously at Alice.

After a second of silent deliberation Winny's hand was released and Alice's was taken up. Even as she was freed, Winny silently knew to stay at Aro's side.

"Ah," Aro sighed as he saw the future laid out before him in the span of a second. It wasn't even comparable to the crystal accuracy that Winny possessed, for some reason, but it was enough to show him that Alice was telling the truth. "So it seems."

Aro quickly returned to Winny's side, took her hand again, and gazed at her with adoration. With Alice's vision came a glimpse of Winny's power, and he was entranced.

"You will be one of us." Aro moved down towards Winny's neck, clearly meaning to turn her himself then and there, but she stepped away and he stopped with a look of the utmost confusion on his face.

For the first time since she had introduced herself, Winny's clear voice filled the room they were standing in.

"I'm fifteen, and if I don't go back home my father will be worried." Winny knew for a fact that a vampire's response would be to kill her father, so she pushed forward. "I graduate a year from now and will be sixteen, nearly seventeen. If you wait until then, I can tell my father that I got a full, all inclusive scholarship to the most prestigious school in Europe, travel paid for. He will be sad to see me go, but will ultimately want the best for me." Edward, as he listened with both his mind and his ears to Winny's plan, couldn't find a fault. "When I come you can turn me and I can tell my father that I'm taking summer classes so I can get done faster and come home. I will email and call him, so he doesn't get suspicious, and by the time two years have passed, if I haven't become in control of my thirst, I will die in the plane ride back to see him over the summer. If I am in control then I will go to visit. Any changes can either be hidden with makeup and contacts, or be written off as having gotten older and learned to use make-up."

Winny's plan was a sound one, and Aro knew from her thoughts that she wouldn't agree to anything else.

"I will remain in contact with my father. You will offer me a college education. I won't drink from people and you will promise not to change my mind on that. Those are my terms and of that's not something you can do, then you better kill me now and ship my body back to Forks to be put in the woods."

There was a short second of silence before Aro lurched forward and buried his head in Winny's neck. Winny tensed but didn't struggle.

"Then so it shall be, my mi coure," every vampire in the room could hear him, but Bella could not so she was leaning in to see if her sister of all people had just talked herself into the immortality Bella had     been fighting a year and a half for.