Chapter 37 - ...

A Witches Imprint - ...

Ashton's POV

I had lain Tatianna in the middle of the clearing. The one that I knew she used to contact the earth. Going off of feeling I picked wild flowers and laid them around her body, giving her the send-off that she deserved. Someone as special as her deserved everything in this life and the next. I believe she left this life to early, but I will still give her what she deserved in the next.

                “Tatianna, I want to hate you for what you did, for leaving me before I ever had a chance to be with you. I know you tried to push me away, to save me from what I am going through now, but it didn’t matter. I wouldn’t have felt this way no matter what, you were my mate and I loved you from the second we met,”

                “That day feels like it was years ago, almost like it was part of another life, but the day seems to be playing through my mind. Both the first day we met and the last day… I try to make the first day more prominent it seems to be the only way that I can cope with the fact that you are no longer with me. I remember everything from that day when our carts running into one another at the grocery store. I never got a chance to tell you this but I ran into your cart on purpose. You weren’t paying attention, but I could feel that you were my mate and I wanted to make you see me too,”

                “Being as preoccupied as you were, I figured that that was the only way that I could get you to look. And it worked, even if you ran away from me I knew that you would come back to me. I just didn’t know that you would leave me so early…” and that when I broke.

                Tears streamed down my face and I couldn’t do anything to stop them. This was it, I was finally letting her go. I tried to hold on belief that she was going to come back to me, but I was giving up that hope and letting her go. She deserved peace, peace that she wouldn’t be able to get as long as I held on to her.

                “I love you Tatianna, so much so that I am willing to let you go…” For the last time I pressed my lips against hers. But something was wrong, her lips were warm, and not cold like they should be.

                Startled I lifted my head and looked at her, she was glowing gold again, the same light that surrounded her the night that I lost her. I didn’t know what to say, I didn’t know what to do so I just sat there and watched as the magic unfolded around me.

                “Ashton,” A voice spoke to me, seeming to come from Tatianna’s mouth, but it wasn’t her voice.

                “Who… Who are you?”

                “I have many names, but the name that you would recognize is Kallista,”

                “The first witch?”

                “Yes my child, it is I.” The voice spoke.

                “Wha… What are you doing?” I asked staring at Tatianna’s body, the origin of the voice.

                “I am here to thank you my child. It was because of your courage and your love that the prophecy was able to come true and my abomination was destroyed. You helped my daughter complete her destiny,”

                “Yes, right before you took her from me!” I shouted, mad that she would thank me for helping kill my mate, my one true love.

                “I know you are mad my child. I know how much you loved my daughter, and how much she loved you. I made mates to be eternal. When they meet, they complete one another’s souls,”

                “Why are you telling me what I already know!”

                “Look inside yourself my child. What do you feel?” She turned Tatianna head so that she was looking at me, her eyes totally white.

                I didn’t know what she wanted from me, but I did as I was asked. I looked inside myself. I could feel my wolf but there was something else there, something bright and good… something that I had been missing. Even though it was there the entire time only now did I recognize it.

                “Ahh, I see you have sensed it. The Earth is strong, but it couldn’t take away what was rightfully yours. It took the part of the soul that belonged to Tatianna, but it couldn’t accept the part that was yours. That is the true reason that I created mates. This had been fore seen many years ago so mates were created so that my daughter may be able to survive, because of her mate... becuae of you,”

                “You mean…” I didn’t want to ask for fear that I was incorrect in my thinking,

                “You are correct my child, she will live… She will return to you,” That was the last thing that she said before the golden light subsided and Tatianna’s eyes turned to normal… except they were no long dull and lifeless staring back at me…