Chapter Eighteen - Sickness

Sorry it took so long but updates should be coming on a semi weekly bases now. I hope you enjoy :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Witches Imprint - Sickness 

    “Ugh, I don’t feel very good today,” I said rolling over and burying my head into Ashton’s chest. It was now habit that we slept in the same bed, either at my place or at his. It is become so bad that neither of can sleep without the other one there. I figured that out when I spent that while ignoring him. Though I taught him a lesson that he really needed to learn, but it cost me some sleep.

                “What’s wrong?” Ashton asked trying to sit up and look at me but I didn’t wanthim to move so I pushed down farther into his chest making him lay back down on the bed.

                “I don’t want to move,” I said. I was always a big baby when I was sick and that hasn’t changed over the years. Even after all of the things that I have had to endure in my life I hated being sick more than anything. I think it was the feeling of being sick and once again not being in control of things.

                “Baby, you have to tell me what wrong so that I can help you,” He said though this time he didn’t try to move.

                “I am cold… and warm… and my head hurts… and throat,” I said more into his chest than to him. Thankfully he was able to understand what I said.

                “I think you have the flu? How have you been feeling lately?”

                “Well… I haven’t really been sleeping that well and that usually decreases my immune system a little… I didn’t think it would hit this hard though,” I mumbled again.

                “Honey, you have to let me get up so that I can take care of you,” He said using his one free hand to brush the hair away from my face. I didn’t want to move, and part of me didn’t want him to take care of me and the other part was looking forward to having someone look after me.

                “Fine,” I mumbled rolling over so that he could get up.

                “Do you want me to make you anything? Tea? Soup? Anything you want,” He said still sitting by the bed and pulling the hair away from my face.

                “Tea, a nice cup of Lavender tea would be amazing right now,” I said finally rolling over and looking up at him.

                “Okay sweetheart, you stay in bed under all the covers and I will bring you your tea,” He walked out of the room leaving me alone to feel sorry for myself. I pulled the covers up over my head and curled into the fetal position.

                It didn’t take long for Ashton to make my tea and bring it up to the room. He helped me sit up and let me lean against him so that I could drink my tea easily.  I don’t know how long it took me to get my tea finished, my throat hurt so bad that it still hurt to drink this. But it didn’t matter how long I took, Ashton let me lean against him the whole time, he was running his hand up and down my arm in a soothing manor.

                “Ugh, I don’t like feeling sick. Ashton, make me feel better,” I said leaning up against him even more placing all my weight against him.

                “I wish I could. Why don’t we both take the day off of work and stay in bed the whole day,” He said while gently pulling the hair out of my face again.

                “I think that sounds like a great idea,” It didn’t take long for me to fall back asleep once I was done the tea, still leaning against Ashton’s warm chest.

ASHTON’S POV

                “Tatiana, are you awake?” I asked looking down at her. She had a slight sheen of sweat on her forehead but she was still asleep. I placed my hand on her forehead and it felt hot, which wasn’t good since I already ran a high temperature.

                “Tatiana you need to wake up! Tatiana!” I stood up off the bed and began lightly shaking her shoulders but nothing was waking her, “Come on baby please open your eyes for me.”

                That’s when I noticed it. The wind outside was starting to pick up and the skies are starting to darken as storm clouds began to roll in. The forecast called for clear skies and sun all day so I knew that this was Tatiana’s doing.

                My panic began to seep through the connection as Ileana and the rest of the pack burst through the bedroom door. I didn’t even notice them I was still trying to shake Tatiana awake.

                “Ashton, Ashton! What the hell is going on?” Shawn asked looking around for any danger.

                “I don’t know, she woke up this morning and wasn’t feeling to well. We decided to stay in bed all day, but now she is running a really high fever and I can’t seem to wake her… I… I don’t know what to do,”

                “You need to put her in an ice bath right now, we HAVE to break this fever,” Ileana said pulling on my shoulder but I didn’t need any more information than that.

                Vincent, Taylor and Sean were running around and finding all the ice that they could find while Ileana began the water in the bath tub. I sat on the floor with Tatiana cradled in my arms begging her to wake up.

                By the time Vincent, Taylor and Sean arrived with the ice, they were drenched. The storm outside has turned into a total monsoon. It was pouring rain and lighting could be seen flashing in the window and thunder was raddling the windows.

                “Okay you need to put her in now, I called the hospital and a doctor is on his way to check on her, but we have to break this fever.”

                I stood up and placed her in the water. It took about two minutes before there was any change in her condition. She finally started to stir and become conscious again. As she began to come back to us the storm outside began to die down.

                Once she was slightly awake and the fever had broke, I pulled her from the water and cradled her in my arms again not caring about the water. It only took another few minutes before the doctor arrived.

                “She seems fine now, but make sure she drinks lots of fluids and gets plenty of rest. Here is my card with my cell number, call me the minute something changes,” With that he left. Ileana changed her cloths and we laid in the bed again.

                “Ashton what are we going to do now? If Zavier tracks her powers then he has to be on his way here now,”

                “I know, we will deal with that, I just have to make sure she is fine now. Please, can you leave us alone again. I don’t want her to know about it yet.”

                They left and like nothing happened I was once again sitting on the bed with her lying on my chest again.