Chapter 1 - A New Start

A Witches Imprint - A New Start

Tatiana's Picture --->

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

That day was nearly six months ago.

                I still mourned over the death of my parents, but I had to be strong. I was now the last one left in my line, hell I could even be the last one left of my kind.

                I watched the scenery go by as I looked out of the train window. I lucked out and got a compartment to myself. It was nice, though I didn’t like the time to wallow in my self-pity.

                I didn’t really know where I was going. I know that it is a small town, in the middle of the mountains. I was hoping that this was going to be far enough off of the grid that they wouldn’t find me again. I knew my hoping was fruitless, it always was. But if I give up hope now, then I will truly have nothing left.

                “Next stop Marlington,”The conductor shouted.

                Well I guess this is it. I grabbed my few bags and stood up as I felt the train slowing down and pulling into the station.

                I waited outside and got the rest of my belongings, what little I was able to pack with me. I looked around and saw families being reunited by visiting relatives. No one was here for me, I had no one left. I looked away from the happy families and made my way to the front.

                There weren’t many people here; I guess that is what happens when you are moving to a small town, limited on the people. I looked around getting a good scan of my surroundings. There may not have been many people, but there sure where a lot of trees. There was even snow on the ground even though in was the middle of May. Guess that is just another thing I am going to have to get used to.

                I had called ahead of time and arranged a place for me to stay. I had inherited some money from my family. It was enough to by me a small house in a small town. I had the address, now I just had to try and find a way to get there.

                “Excuse me miss, do you need a ride?” A man came up and asked me. I looked at his car and saw that it was a taxi, or at least what passed as a taxi here.

                “Yes, thank you,” I placed my things in the trunk and passed him the piece of paper that had my new address on it.

                “So, why the move to our small town?” He asked once we were on our way.

                “Just needed a new start,” I said looking out the window. He figured out that I didn’t want to talk and just continued driving.

                It took some time getting to my place; I lived outside of the town. A nice remote area in a remote town.

                “Here you go,” He helped me get my things out and I handed him his money, “Here is my card if you ever need another ride. I hope you enjoy it here.”

                I thanked him and then walked into my new house. It was nice, smaller than I was used to, but it didn’t have to house as many people this time. It was already furnished, something that I was very grateful for. It was new, and it wasn’t hip, but I was hoping that it would be a home for a while. That was all I ever wanted, not a fancy house, just some place that I could call home.

                I was busy unpacking my few belongings when there was a knock on my door. I put down what was in my hands and walked to the door. I looked through the peephole and saw a girl, not much older than me standing on the porch with a plate of cookies. Without even talking to her I could already tell that she was a werewolf, but I could tell that she was a good one as well. Mostly because this was a small town and something like a rouge werewolf would cause notice, must mean there is a pack here. Should have figured, they liked remote wooded areas too.

                “Hello,” I greeted her after I opened the door.

                “Hi, I just wanted to come and welcome you to the town,” She said handing me the plate of cookies. She didn’t recognize what I was, not that I was surprised; she has probably never come across my kind before.

                “Thank you, would you like to come in for a bit,” I asked politely, though hoping that she would decline.

                “Sure that would be great,” She had a bubbly personality and she almost bounced as she walked through the door and into my house, “Nice place you got here. Is it just you living here?”

                “Yup,” I said while popping the ‘P’.

                “Where are your folks?” She asked. I was expecting that question; I didn’t really look like I was old enough to be living on my own. I am; I mean I am nineteen, but I didn’t look it.  

                “They passed away, I am just here for a new start,” I said trying to smile through the pain that I was feeling inside.

                “Oh, shit I am so sorry. Anyways I should be going. If you ever need anything I live in the house just down the way here with some of my friends. Hope I see you around,” With that she headed towards the front door. Just before she headed out she turned around, “Oh, my name is Ileana by the way.”

                “Tatiana,”

                “Sweet, both out names end with ‘Ana’ I think that means that we are going to be great friends.” Without another word she turned and left my house.

                I spent the rest of the night finishing my unpacking. Once I had everything where I wanted it I grabbed the book that I was in the middle of reading and climbed out on the roof to read. There was a full moon tonight so I didn’t have any trouble seeing. But it didn’t take long for the cold to seep through my bones. I crawled back inside and took a nice warm shower before I headed off to bed.