Chapter Thirty Two - I'm Not Leaving

A Witches Imprint - I'm Not Leaving

Tatiana's POV

                I don’t know why he was here. I wanted to say something, tell him to run, to get out of here. But I couldn’t, I couldn’t form any words. For once, I was speechless.

                “You look amazing,” Ashton finally spoke. He wasn’t looking at the dress through, or even taking to chance to check me out like most guys would have. He was looking me in the eye, not blinking. He was scared that I was going to disappear on him again.

                “What are you doing here? Are you trying to get yourself killed?” I shrieked finally able to find my voice.

                “Clyde called us, said that you guys were in town… I had to come and see you… To make sure that you were alright,” He replied taking a step towards me.

                Panicking I took a step away from him, trying to keep a distance between us. If he came to close I wouldn’t be able to convince myself to go back to the manor with Clyde. I would want to stay with him forever, something that my mind, body and heart were screaming for right now.

                Ashton frowned at me, probably wondering why I was running from him. Hiding away from him.

                “You have to go, I can’t deal with this right now. We have less than two hours before we have to be back at the manor or else Zavier is going to kill Clyde… I can’t deal with this right now,” I turned and ran back into the change room. I was panicking now, my breaths coming out short and quick as I tried to wrap my head around what just happened. I couldn’t believe that he was here.

                Once I calmed down a little I changed out of the dress and made my way out of the change room only to see the Ashton was still standing where I had left him. Ignoring him the best that I could I made my way to the cash register and used the credit card that Zavier had given me to pay for the dress.

                I turned, not even acknowledging Ashton again and headed out of the door. I didn’t make it very far before there were people standing in front of me blocking my path. I turned without looking up, I knew who they were, and tried to head in the other direction only to have that way blocked as well.

                Sighing, I finally looked up and into the faces of the pack that I had left behind. That pack that I was trying to save, so far, that wasn’t going very well. With them coming right into the middle of the danger I was saving them from.

                “Should have known you guys wouldn’t be far away,” The bell above the door jingled as Ashton stepped out of the store and finally joined us.

                “Of course we wouldn’t be far. We would not pass up an opportunity to see you, even if it is for a short amount of time,” Ileana said make a move to step towards me. I once again countered the movement with a step away from her. Except this time, I stepped right into Ashton. As soon as my back hit his chest warmth instantly filled my body. I didn’t realize how much I truly missed him. How much he completed me when I was around him and in his embrace. Instead of moving away from him like I should have I instead leaned more into his body wanting to feel more of his warmth. Realizing that I wasn’t running away he wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face in the hair that was cover my shoulder and nuzzled my neck. I let a small moan out at how good that small movement felt.

                “So, does this mean you aren’t going to kill me for calling them?” Clyde said stepping around Milo so that I could see him.

                “Not right now, but you better have a damn good reason for putting their lives at risk like this,” I said glaring at him, even if the glare was an empty one.

                “Well, I have a plan. On how we can save you, and finally get you out of that house,” Clyde said realizing that I wasn’t going to yell at him, yet.

                We spent an hour going over the plan on how to get them in, and then me out of the manor. The plan was to use the night of the party as a cover. They could sneak in with all of the other guests and then as everyone was leaving they would hide away in the manor. And then that’s when we would make our move.

                “I can’t do that though, I can’t leave…” Everyone instantly looked at me like I had grown a second head. I suppose that comment was a little strange.

                “What do you mean you can’t leave!? Do you want to stay there?” Ashton yelled.

                “Of course I don’t. But I am not leaving just to go on the run again. I am not living my life like that anymore. I tried it for nineteen years and I won’t do it anymore. I hate being near him, I hate that I have to be away from you guys. But it is better this way, at least I know where he is. All the other life got me was a trail of graves. I am not adding more graves to that just because you guys want me back in your life. It’s not the practical move in this situation,” I explained trying to make my point clear to them.

                “So what, you are just going to stay with him forever then!” Ashton yelled standing up from the table so that he could glare down at me.

                “No! Of course not! But I will stay with him until I can find a way to stop him. I am not going back a life of looking over my shoulder wondering who is going to be killed next!” I shouted back. It’s a good thing we were at a table in a fairly empty park or else we would have drawn quite a crowd at what was slowly becoming a screaming match.

                “What do you expect me to do then? Just sit around and wait for you to be killed once Zavier realizes that you won’t join him. Or what till he finally breaks you and you do join him. What then?!”

                “How dare you!! I would never join him and you know that. I would never side with the bastard that is responsible for the death of my entire family!!” I wanted to hit him. To lash out this anger that was slowly growing inside of me. I could feel the wind pick up slightly and it took all of my will to draw my powers back into my body before I did something stupid.

                “Looks like he’s teaching you a thing or two about your powers, is that why you want to stay with him, to become more powerful?”

                “Yes!” At that comment everyone was once again staring at me.

                “Tatiana?” Ileana said drawing my attention away from Ashton and towards he instead.

                “I didn’t mean it like that. But the only way that I am going to be free is if I can get strong enough to fulfill the prophecy and finally end Zavier’s existence. And the only way that I am going to be able to do that is if I stay where I am. I know that that is not what you guys want, but I don’t care. It is what is going to happen. Now come on Clyde we have to get going so we are not late,” Without even a second glance I turned and walked towards where the car was parked. I was not going to feel bad about following logic and not my heart. Even if my heart was screaming at me to run back to Ashton’s arms.