Chapter 7 - Talks

A Witches Imprint - Talks

I was still running, I don’t know how far I had run but I was beginning to wear out. I slowed down to a jog before eventually going right down to walking. I walked for about another five minutes before a car drove up beside me. At first I thought the worst. That ‘They’ had found me again, that is until I heard his voice.

                “Get in, I will take you home,” Ashton said as he pulled the car up beside me.

                I didn’t want to get in, I knew that he was going to want to talk about what had happened, but I also knew that I was not going to make it home by walking, at least not any time soon.

                Reluctantly I walked over to the car, I debated getting in the back seat, but I am sure that that wouldn’t help with his anger right now. Slowly I opened the passenger door and got in, scared that if I made any sudden movements he would snap.

                I had barely gotten the door shut and we were off, driving down the road at an insane speed. I wanted to tell him to slow down, but he was in the mood for listening, so I just grabbed onto the seat and hoped that his werewolf reflexes would help us get through this ride alive.

                And that we did, we pulled up to my house with not a hiccup in our journey, except the seething werewolf that was sitting beside me. I made a grab for the door handle when the car lock sounded. I looked over at Ashton and saw that his hand was still on the button in case I made a move to unlock it.

                “We need to talk,” He said, not looking at me but instead straight out the front windshield.

                “There is nothing to talk about Ashton,” I whispered not trusting my voice at the moment.

                “Yes. There. Is,” he said pausing between each word.

                I waited, I knew exactly where this conversation was leading but I wasn’t going to be the one to start it.

                “What happened?” was all he asked.

                I didn’t want to answer. I didn’t really even know what happened. A part of me wanted him, that was for sure, but my brain was over powering whatever part that was. I wanted to be happy and to be with him, but I knew that that would just lead to more pain and devastation in the future, it always does.

                “You were going to kiss me, I know you were. So why did you freak out and take off?” he asked finally looking away from the windshield and towards me.

                “I don’t really know. Okay!” I said yelling at him. I knew I didn’t have a reason to be mad, but I was.

                “Don’t yell at me, I should be the one that is mad. Do you know how much it hurts to be rejected by the one person you love more than life itself? To watch as horror crosses her face before she turns and runs away from you? You have to right to yell at me!” He said, not really yelling but I could hear the growl in his voice as he was fighting off that anger.

                “Don’t talk to me about sh!t like that. Oh, the poor werewolf can’t control his imprint, so what. What your feeling is nothing compared to watching as your father and brother are murdered in front of you and knowing that it’s your fault. Watching as your mother lay dying in your arms and knowing that there is nothing you can do about it. I don’t care how bad you think you feel because I rejected you, you have no right to talk to me about the pain of loss,” and with that I quickly unlocked the door and was inside my house before he could even react.