13.

"Who is Raina.."the question was enough to freeze Manik at his place which didn't go unnoticed by Nandini.

"Manik..I am asking you something.."her voice shook him to the core because he could hear anger in that.

"Don't you know the answer to it already.."Manik finally spoke as he turned around to face Nandini who was looking right back at him. "..then why this question.."

Nandini was about to answer when they both heard someone knocking the door.

Manik closed his eyes trying his best to control his rage however Nandini could see that he was about loose his calm that's why she decided to step in.

"It's open.."Nandini replied looking at the door "Come on in.."

The very next moment the door opened and Navya stepped inside the room.

"What is it Navya.."Manik snapped at her sending chills down her spine. "..can't you see we were busy.."Navya didn't had the courage to face him so she continued to look down which only angered Manik even more. "Now speak up..what was so important that you couldn't wait and had to interrupt.."

Nandini could see that Navya was hell scared so she got down from the bed and held Manik's hand. "Manik..calm down please..I am sure Navya has a reason to do so.."And within fraction of seconds Manik's entire demeanour changed as he calmed down almost instantly.

Sighing Manik simply nodded. Nandini looked at Navya and asked "Navya what is it.."

"...sorry to interrupt MY LORD.."Navya replied while looking down the entire time "..but your friends are here..."

"Friends.."both Manik and Nandini spoke together while Navya simply nodded her head.

"Tell them we will be there in a moment.."Manik said dismissively.

"Yes MY LORD."saying this Navya walked away from there.

"Who are these friends..."Nandini was curious now. "Do I know them..."though Nandini tried to sound cool but apprehension was quite visible on her face.

"No..."Manik shook his head. "You don't know them." Though Manik didn't say it but Nandini could somehow feel the undercurrent of warmth in his voice for them.

"They are very close to you..aren't they.."Nandini raised her eyebrows which only made his smile even wider.

"Let's just say that they are my only family that I am left with.."Manik's words only piqued Nandini's curiosity even further. "I guess then I am left with no choice but to meet them."saying this she tried to walk past him but Manik stopped her.

"Where do you think you are going.."Manik raised his eyebrows. His question confused her "..to change.."she gestured towards her dress. "You don't want me to meet them looking a mess like this..do you.."

"Nandini first and foremost you are not looking like a mess..and secondaly never ever dare to call yourself a mess again.."Manik warned.

"In case you don't know you can even wear a rag and pull it off...in fact you will look much beautiful than those three layers of painted showdolls that walk the ramp...because you are beautiful both inside out..and trust me when I say this..."he caressed her face turning her face into crimson "..you are the most beautiful woman that ever existed not only on this planet but in the entire universe."

"Flattery is going to get you no where Mr.Malhotra...never forget that.."Nandini tried to divert his attention. "Let's go..your friends must be waiting.."saying this Nandini gestured him to walk along.