19.

"Here.."he extended the cup of hot chocolate in front of her "..have this.."he caressed her hair with his other hand "..you will feel better.."

She smiled as she took the cup from him."thank you.."

"Your welcome.."he too smiled looking at her."..do you need anything else.."

She shook her head and took a sip of her hot chocolate. "Yumm.."she looked at him with a look of appreciation etched on her face."This is so tasty..You made this na.."

"How do you know that.."he asked surprisingly.

"Simple..I very well know the taste of the hot chocolate that bhabhi makes...since this hot chocolate tastes completely different and there is no one else in this house apart from three of us..so it's quite obvious..don't you think.."she smiled.

"You are smart.."he said appreciatively."I am impressed...in fact super impressed.."

"Thank you..Thank You.."she smirked and took another sip of her coffee.

"You are so beautiful.."his words made her stop in tracks. She blushed and looked down which made him smile. "Of course your beauty enhances even more when you smile.."

She continued to look down as her cheeks turned redder because she could feel his intense gaze on her.

He sat next to her on the stairs of the front porch and held her hand. Her heart skipped a beat but she didn't say anything instead she continued to look down.

"Nandini.."her heart started to beat at a faster pace...but the words that he said next took her by surprise. "..are you okay.."

She peeked at him beneath her eyelashes as she put her hands over his. "I am now.."

"But what happened to you back then.."he questioned. "...though I am not complaining.."she blushed even harder when she realised what he was referring to and looked down.

He smiled but chose not to tease her...at least for now...so he continued with his question.."however I still want to know the reason of your behaviour..what happened that made you so restless...and please don't say that I am wrong..because even you know that I am not..so tell me..tell me everything..please.."

Closing her eyes she sighed."Do you know the story of.."she didn't complete her sentence but her words were more than enough to make him restless. "..HIM.."her eyes snapped wide open at his words.

"So you know..about the story.."she asked. He simply nodded his head. "....but then too you agreed to get married to me.."she finally asked the question that had been clouding her mind from a very long time.

Once again he simply nodded.

"Why.."she whispered.

This time he didn't reply but simply continued to gaze at her with an unknown emotion in his eyes.

"Answer me Manik.."she questioned."Even after knowing everything you want to get married to me.."he then too didn't say anything which irked her "Say na Manik..why are you doing this."

She shook her head."Why did you agree to marry me..even when you know that by doing so...you are putting your life in danger.."

When then too he didn't reply she lost her cool."Manik either you answer my question or I am leaving.."saying this she got up only to pulled back by him.